Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'm just loving the static camera "Fixed Close" in combination with "Fielding 3" while bowling. I wish the "Fielding 3" was available for Running camera as well, would have given the same feel while batting as well.

Just took this wicket and was wondering whether it was a bad decision by the umpire or are edges being given out in the game not necessarily touching the bat always (e.g collision detection issue)?

This was given out caught behind by the umpire without me having to appeal, which makes me wonder if the game considered it as an edge off the bat itself instead of an umpire error?

I had the same exact one last night off Nathan Lyonn, (also reward nice Gary trophy for the same). There is another similar kinda of dismissal (posted video) which happens quite often. Yes, there is no appeal required either.

Just took this wicket and was wondering whether it was a bad decision by the umpire or are edges being given out in the game not necessarily touching the bat always (e.g collision detection issue)?

This was given out caught behind by the umpire without me having to appeal, which makes me wonder if the game considered it as an edge off the bat itself instead of an umpire error?
No deviation after hitting bat too, to say that the issue is on collision issue..Maybe a bug?

No deviation after hitting bat too, to say that the issue is on collision issue..Maybe a bug?

Yeh Maybe. However, beauty of cricket is that it cannot be called a bug, unless you get a chance to review it and its still adjudged as out (or you don't get the option to review). For now, it's just a howler by the umpire :D

Yeh Maybe. However, beauty of cricket is that it cannot be called a bug, unless you get a chance to review it and its still adjudged as out (or you don't get the option to review). For now, it's just a howler by the umpire :D
Right, can't call it a bug. But there should be option to appeal/review IMO.

Right, can't call it a bug. But there should be option to appeal/review IMO.

As long as it's against the AI...it' fine. However if that was against you and you didn't get the option to review....then maybe it should be looked at (provided you post it in the bugs thread)

As long as it's against the AI...it' fine. However if that was against you and you didn't get the option to review....then maybe it should be looked at (provided you post it in the bugs thread)
Just now got another one. All AI dismissals, so ya no review in question.

haha thats right...Advantage human...

I'm just loving the static camera "Fixed Close" in combination with "Fielding 3" while bowling. I wish the "Fielding 3" was available for Running camera as well, would have given the same feel while batting as well.

I am finding it difficult to spot the impact of the ball using bowling far and other cameras especially in test matches.Using Fixed cam, even though it looks odd to see the bowler runup it has a clear visibility of the ball and the length variation is evident

It's definitely a bug. I flagged it in testing and then it vanished and now crept back in.

I have had it when the bat is literally a million miiiiiles away from ball.
Should I post it in the bug thread, or is it being looked into?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am finding it difficult to spot the impact of the ball using bowling far and other cameras especially in test matches.Using Fixed cam, even though it looks odd to see the bowler runup it has a clear visibility of the ball and the length variation is evident
None of the running camera compliments Fixed Close as much as Fielding 3. My current batting camera is Batting far for both batting and running. Will have to wait for the next patch to see if it gets added. Fingers crossed.

Just got dismissed by a short ball; it hit me square on the helmet as I tried to leave the ball - but then it dropped down, I stepped backwards and it rolled behind my legs and onto the stumps. I've got a vid on my PS4 I should put up - anyone seen this dismissal yet? I wasn't even mad

Users who are viewing this thread