Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Th

The problem online is that batsman does not respond to cancel(even after multiple inputs), even though there is ample time to go back. It's definitely not a player input issue, rather a online response issue. It's an Online only bug.
No its not, I've had plenty of standing still in the middle of the wicket run outs in ashes mode, well they would be if the AI threw the ball in ;)

D

Deleted member 185125

No its not, I've had plenty of standing still in the middle of the wicket run outs in ashes mode, well they would be if the AI threw the ball in ;)
Hmm, haven't tried Ashes mode yet. Did notice happening to AI, but not for myself in other offline modes.

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great to see you can create a team list again. This feature was missing in dbc17.

krishri

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not complaining… only hoping and wishing… Ashes17 becomes the best cricket gaming experience for a long time…

When i bought DBC14… i threw away all my old cricket games… then when DBC17 was launched … was so excited … and thanks to BA for those exciting moments… migrated to DBC17 and am logging in a lot of hours of online gaming….

Now with Ashes17… BA took the excitement to a different level… thanks again…

However, reading some of the reviews here… seems some new bugs in gameplay.. Don’t understand why would you undo something good from DBC17… (for eg the maximum 5 saves in online game instead of 10) …

Will continue to hope and wish Ashes17 is fixed soon of these teething issues… (But I am not throwing away by DBC17 yet)...

All in the spirit of cricket!!!

jacky srew

Club Cricketer
Finally got Ashes cricket today on the PS4 (downloaded it from the store in the US). Having bought and extensively played DBC14 and DBC17, the thing that immediately stands out about this game is the far superior AI batting shot variety. Only played a few T20s and the AI is harder to bowl to (playing on Veteran) and is putting up bigger targets than it ever did. Also, I quite like the new fielding controls.

One issue is that AI is possibly too aggressive now - it has been going for over 10rpo in every T20 I've played, even on Pro setting. Almost seems a little arcadey. I tried decreasing the "shot force" slider to 20 and it still didn't help - the AI still blasts balls all over the place. Any tips? Thanks
How to change batting controls like ashes 09

Pat

International Coach
I'll try again. For PS4.
Need some help on a couple of things.
How do you play the back foot glance like to fine leg etc instead of the pull shot ?
The line and length need to be conducive to trigger the back foot glance shot. For a right-handed batsman, it should be L2 back (in a way the ball comes just to the left of the batsman) and R2 pointed towards fine-leg

How do you advance a spinner and block ?
How do you sweep ?
and is ducking just R3 ?
Thanks in advance
Refer to the DBC 17 Manual which explains the batting controls in detail.
http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/464850/manuals/Cricket17_PC_Manual.pdf?t=1494387343

The manual shows Xbox controller controls but you can map the controls easily to PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWXwIOZz4T8ze3-yFtmUjmQ
Please check this link as
One shot missing in standard control
Footwork missing or not same as classic control.
Working absolutely fine with classic control.
No one has covered this point.
This is not a bug the shot is missing.
Please beta testers and all respected seniors please watch this.
Must fix in for next patch[DOUBLEPOST=1511710222][/DOUBLEPOST]It's not a bug so I posted it here its a missing link in ashes 17 with standard control.

pinku

Associate Captain
Just downloaded all teams created by @Llewelynf but they have all gone into customel teams instead of replacing on disk versions even though i did get option to replace etc... Please anyone help me out here?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Did you have updated teams before that? if so delete all the teams so that they go back to on disc team versions, then download again

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just downloaded all teams created by @Llewelynf but they have all gone into customel teams instead of replacing on disk versions even though i did get option to replace etc... Please anyone help me out here?
Or just link the teams, that will be easier now

Users who are viewing this thread