Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
And mentalities? I wasn't seeing much difference which is why I went back to default. I seem to remember it working well out of the box.

Conservative for me is way way slower.

Balance will play the odd lofted shot.

For tests I leave it at those two.

Bancroft was 4(37) Warner was 36 (56)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Conservative for me is way way slower.

Balance will play the odd lofted shot.

For tests I leave it at those two.

Bancroft was 4(37) Warner was 36 (56)

Good ... And you play with the modifiers?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
All I do is increase speed. Everything else stays as default

What I had randomly was a few innings where the AI wasnt scoring 1's or 2's then just smashing random 4's and giving their wicket away.

It's either a random thing that occurs.

Certain batting styles

Or particular pitches cause it. To simulate a bad pitch.
Where the better thing would be to just increase the edge chance.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm in the midst of a cracking second session in my Ashes 93 test.

Steve Waugh and Healy rebuilt and nothing much was happening for me. I've been taking notes of interesting events in case I share a video and had three or four in 20 overs. Then after about 52 overs things started happening and I was going for my pen a couple of times an over. A four over spell where the ball started to reverse a tad and the settled batsmen started to play and miss, play a few aggressive shots (but safe, might be safe because of reduced agility and speed so the hit over mid on isn't chased down and caught over the shoulder), a couple edges and then came a nick to second slip from a forward defensive by Healy off Devon Malcolm.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It does seem the importance of attributes have been underplayed somewhat when it comes to gameplay experience

PotsnPans

Club Captain
I've just watched Quinton de Kock IRL smash three fours in a row with his team on the ropes somewhat at Newlands. It needs to be prevalant in the game. A lot of other players wouldnt have chosen that approach

That's probably asking a little bit much. There's always going to be a limit to the amount of intuition you can create within a video game...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
That's probably asking a little bit much. There's always going to be a limit to the amount of intuition you can create within a video game...

Yeah true, and everyone here says the mentalities work in AC... I don't know, I've just got conservative players swatting the ball in the air everywhere, with no difference in SRs and I'm starting to doubt this game again. It's weird how it seems to have moods of playing realistically or otherwise.

PotsnPans

Club Captain
Yeah true, and everyone here says the mentalities work in AC... I don't know, I've just got conservative players swatting the ball in the air everywhere, with no difference in SRs and I'm starting to doubt this game again. It's weird how it seems to have moods of playing realistically or otherwise.

What's been crazy to me reading the last few pages is how different these experiences are to my own. I've only recently picked up a copy of Ashes Cricket for the PS4 and I've been having a great time. Only played the Ashes series so far but I'm onto the third test with the score at 1-1. The bit I related to the most was when you mentioned you'd had an OK time with it but had started to become more paranoid!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
What's been crazy to me reading the last few pages is how different these experiences are to my own. I've only recently picked up a copy of Ashes Cricket for the PS4 and I've been having a great time. Only played the Ashes series so far but I'm onto the third test with the score at 1-1. The bit I related to the most was when you mentioned you'd had an OK time with it but had started to become more paranoid!

Yeah probably best I stop reading the forums! I was fine before I came on here and we've got logo problems and the new patch is rubbish. I became so paranoid I deleted everything to go back to where i was out of the box.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Having deleted all game data, I then turned automatic patch download off and started the painstaking process of making my own NZ and India teams. I wanted to go back to out of the box gaming.

I now see however that I have fixed cameras available, as per the patch. My game version (PS4) is 1.0.1.0407. What on earth is going on here? Is it impossible to go to vanilla out of the box? Big Ant did a great job of patching out all edges in DBC14 and now it appears we are stuck with the latest? Which version am I playing? 1.03?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Having deleted all game data, I then turned automatic patch download off and started the painstaking process of making my own NZ and India teams. I wanted to go back to out of the box gaming.

I now see however that I have fixed cameras available, as per the patch. My game version (PS4) is 1.0.1.0407. What on earth is going on here? Is it impossible to go to vanilla out of the box? Big Ant did a great job of patching out all edges in DBC14 and now it appears we are stuck with the latest? Which version am I playing? 1.03?

That's the same version as me. Fully patched.

Games don't really install from the disc they install from the server so you won't download any patches but you'll install the most recent version.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Turns out I had to press options and delete on the Ashes Cricket icon. My copy now has just installed from the disk and I have cancelled the update. I am running the Ben Stokes out of the box PS4 version! Let's see how it goes. Maybe I am the only one playing the holy grail of cricket games. Too bad that I have to start all over AGAIN creating players as I cannot access the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread