Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
It's always good to provide a source so everyone knows what you are talking about...

Are you talking about BBL Mobile, or AO Mobile? And who said patches are coming for these titles?

I'm sure I'm not the only one utterly confused by the last 2 pages or so...
AO Mobile and patches have already came out for them

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
AO Mobile and patches have already came out for them
I fail to see how AO Tennis mobile receiving patches has anything to do with Ashes Cricket though?

It would be a very different team working on the two projects, and I probably wouldn't want the AO tennis mobile team releasing a patch for Ashes Cricket... I don't think it's a matter of fairness at all but resourcing.

Once AO Tennis is released, resources will probably be split more evenly to support both Ashes Cricket and AO Tennis. Until then, I completely understand that BA may be directing more resources at AO Tennis in the lead up to launch.

Saying that, given the closeness in release period it's not unfathomable to think that two completely independent development teams worked on each game anyway...

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I fail to see how AO Tennis mobile receiving patches has anything to do with Ashes Cricket though?

It would be a very different team working on the two projects, and I probably wouldn't want the AO tennis mobile team releasing a patch for Ashes Cricket... I don't think it's a matter of fairness at all but resourcing.

Once AO Tennis is released, resources will probably be split more evenly to support both Ashes Cricket and AO Tennis. Until then, I completely understand that BA may be directing more resources at AO Tennis in the lead up to launch.

Saying that, given the closeness in release period it's not unfathomable to think that two completely independent development teams worked on each game anyway...
Well I hope so but there no beta testin go on which is a problem

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
So you think they developed AO tennis in 3 months?
they said it been in the works for three years they are a small company you need to do some reshearch[DOUBLEPOST=1515657691][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lots of naievity in the thread today....
I'm not been negative I just really feel they have abounded the game but hopefully I'm wrong

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
AO has been in development since dbc17 was in making

they said it been in the works for three years they are a small company you need to do some reshearch[DOUBLEPOST=1515657691][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not been negative I just really feel they have abounded the game but hopefully I'm wrong

Dear Lord... That's my point!

You think they had the same team developing AO Tennis in their spare time, while DBC 17 was being made as well as Rugby League Live as well as Ashes Cricket ???- All by the same people?!?!

There might be some cross over, but they would be run as three very seperate teams and neither should impact the development of the other except in extraordinary circumstances when people get pulled short notice to do internal testing, debugging, etc. Just because the AO mobile team is releasing patches doesn't mean BA have stopped all development on Ashes Cricket.

Just because AO Tennis is releasing next week doesn't mean that all the other devs are sitting around with their thumbs up their behinds. Perhaps they are on some well deserved leave over Christmas? Perhaps they have been pulled short term to make sure AO Tennis gets out the door on time, but it isn't going to have that detrimental effect on Ashes Cricket. Especially when you are concerned about a mobile app that is a completely unrelated to anything.

If anything, the same devs might be doing BBL mobile and AO Tennis mobile. So it might affect BBL IF anything. Not going to make diddlysquat difference to Ashes Cricket.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Dear Lord... That's my point!

You think they had the same team developing AO Tennis in their spare time, while DBC 17 was being made as well as Rugby League Live as well as Ashes Cricket ???- All by the same people?!?!

There might be some cross over, but they would be run as three very seperate teams and neither should impact the development of the other except in extraordinary circumstances when people get pulled short notice to do internal testing, debugging, etc. Just because the AO mobile team is releasing patches doesn't mean BA have stopped all development on Ashes Cricket.

Just because AO Tennis is releasing next week doesn't mean that all the other devs are sitting around with their thumbs up their behinds. Perhaps they are on some well deserved leave over Christmas? Perhaps they have been pulled short term to make sure AO Tennis gets out the door on time, but it isn't going to have that detrimental effect on Ashes Cricket. Especially when you are concerned about a mobile app that is a completely unrelated to anything.

If anything, the same devs might be doing BBL mobile and AO Tennis mobile. So it might affect BBL IF anything. Not going to make diddlysquat difference to Ashes Cricket.

Best to ignore them - no point getting worked up when basic comprehension is lacking

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm pretty sure some sort of plan would have been in place ahead of time and that also they would probably have wanted Ashes to be in a better state (fewer bugs) than it is before AO Tennis came out. But the fact we have heard nothing is not confirmation that nothing is happening.

Anyway, back to the cricket. I've complained about a lack of carry from pitch to keeper before. I was playing last night and thought maybe this is why batting feels so pedestrian. Particularly when playing spinners, the ball never seems to rip off the pitch just glide through slowly. Has anyone tinkered with the ball or pitch friction? I'm sure that improved the carry a little in the last game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread