Ashes Cricket General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Given the insurmountable odds, I'll take this as a moral victory.
4nKzchV.jpg

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I’m having an issue in career mode where my players voice becomes distorted and high pitched after a couple of games. I’ll put it in the bugs thread as well but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
i feel, late/early aggressive and attacking shots behavior need to be changed... how low you rate players control ability or use shot timing modifiers, gameplay feel same 90% of time...
  • BA need to cut timing range for aggressive shots and for playing against spinners (or they can provide modifier options for that)...
  • Every time we play late/early attacking shots, ball need to get edge and little aerial time, so it can create a chance for wickets and also it makes batting more responsible...
  • When we play late/early aggressive shots, ball need to get high in the air and drop in under 30 yards or close to boundary line (it happens same some time, but it need to be accurate thing in the game)...
  • AI need to play according to player ratings and also need to play according to situation and pitch type... currently i feel, AI created such way, to make every match close as possible... AI not considering player ratings and pitch type at all...
  • Player ratings and pitch, condition type need to play major role in the game... currently all type of condition, pitches and player rating feels same...
  • I think the best way to fix player rating is to link it with player timing (for batting, bowling and fielding)... like if timing scale considered as 100, than player a who had cut shot at 60 ratings need to have only 60% timing scale when he play a cut shot... this way we can limit a shot quality for each player and by this method each player feels and plays differently... this will be same for bowlers too... when we bowl, if bowler swing rating is 75, than we only get 75% timing scale to execute foot placement and release point... by doing this, we can limit bad bowler and batsman to play certain type of shots and delivery in the game... plus this also give meaning to career mode's rating upgrades...

Last edited:

WizardChips

Club Cricketer
how to change fov or remove hud? im playing with pro camera and the score bar at the bottom of the screen blocks the view of any full balls

Last edited:

Thieves

Club Captain
how to change fov or remove hud? im playing with pro camera and the score bar at the bottom of the screen blocks the view of any full balls
I'M Not sure that you can do that. Sorry.[DOUBLEPOST=1516881022][/DOUBLEPOST]Is anyone else experiencing the custom plater issue where u design or download players and they look completely different.

I know it's a bug on the ps4 pro but does it also occur on the ps4?

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Ok folks......i've only had the game a few days and I like more about it than I don't like and I'm still working out how to play the game. One thing
has struck me though. I haven't been able to play a back foot leg glance down to long/fine leg.....and I haven't seen an AI batter play that shot either.
Disappointing as it's one of my fave strokes.

Thieves

Club Captain
Just an observation. I know that the ball turns too much and swings way too much sometimes which makes it unrealistic. Also makes it easy for a player to take wickets.

Perhaps big ant modelled the game around the conditions that we are currently seeing in the India and South Africa Test match. Lol.

D

Deleted member 185125

I'M Not sure that you can do that. Sorry.[DOUBLEPOST=1516881022][/DOUBLEPOST]Is anyone else experiencing the custom plater issue where u design or download players and they look completely different.

I know it's a bug on the ps4 pro but does it also occur on the ps4?
The skin tone issue is on the PS4 as well, but the pixelated issue(snake eyes and patches on face) is only on the Pro.

Hester

County Cricketer
Ok folks......i've only had the game a few days and I like more about it than I don't like and I'm still working out how to play the game. One thing
has struck me though. I haven't been able to play a back foot leg glance down to long/fine leg.....and I haven't seen an AI batter play that shot either.
Disappointing as it's one of my fave strokes.

Every time I play any kind of back foot shot apart from a cut shot, my batsman hops back and then teleports 2 feet to the right. I'd say back foot shots are a bit broken.

D

Deleted member 185125

I can't get enough of manual fielding, been hammering away at it for the past week and the AI's running between the wickets has improved significantly - They take more singles and aggresive two's. Had my first full manual, direct-hit run out last session, fist pumps were at a large.
What camera settings do you use for fielding? I'm struggling big time to find something decent enough for manual fielding.

Part-Time Jaffa

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What camera settings do you use for fielding? I'm struggling big time to find something decent enough for manual fielding.

I'm just using broadcast 1 for now. The only thing that will screw me is the camera change that sometimes happens when you are chasing a ball out to the boundary.
I also have gone through all my players and upped their ground fielding and throw accuracy stats which has made it so much cleaner.

Anyhoo, here's a vid of a few pieces of AI fielding I captured tonight. These animations I'd like to see more of and the dropped catch kinda blew me away

W.G. Grace

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
There are some really funny quirks to the shoddy commentary.

In one session of a single test match, I had the following all come up at least once:

'England are now on 112 runs for none, for none!'

'Ohh, great fielding there by...*awkward silence*'

'They get back for two run' (for some reason the s is not audible whenever 2 runs are commented on, which is not the case for 3, 4, 6 runs)

Also, saying a bowler has 'done well so far' when he is yet to get a wicket and has an economy of over 8.00 an over, in a test match.

And, 'Slats' saying good morning when it is mid-way through an afternoon session.

Have you come across any others??

On a different note: I really hope BA pull their finger out and sort out the caught behind edge bug whereby the umpire signals out but play carries on as if nothing happened and the dismissed batsman is able to carry on at the crease. As things stand the initials BA offer a fairly accurate representation of the amount of effort currently being put into fixing issues with the game: bugger all!

Hester

County Cricketer
There are some really funny quirks to the shoddy commentary.

In one session of a single test match, I had the following all come up at least once:

'England are now on 112 runs for none, for none!'

'Ohh, great fielding there by...*awkward silence*'

'They get back for two run' (for some reason the s is not audible whenever 2 runs are commented on, which is not the case for 3, 4, 6 runs)

Also, saying a bowler has 'done well so far' when he is yet to get a wicket and has an economy of over 8.00 an over, in a test match.

And, 'Slats' saying good morning when it is mid-way through an afternoon session.

Have you come across any others??

On a different note: I really hope BA pull their finger out and sort out the caught behind edge bug whereby the umpire signals out but play carries on as if nothing happened and the dismissed batsman is able to carry on at the crease. As things stand the initials BA offer a fairly accurate representation of the amount of effort currently being put into fixing issues with the game: bugger all!

"for none...for none" God, I hate that one. I look forward to giving my wicket away after I've heard it for the 20th time.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
i feel, late/early aggressive and attacking shots behavior need to be changed... how low you rate players control ability or use shot timing modifiers, gameplay feel same 90% of time...
  • BA need to cut timing range for aggressive shots and for playing against spinners (or they can provide modifier options for that)...
  • Every time we play late/early attacking shots, ball need to get edge and little aerial time, so it can create a chance for wickets and also it makes batting more responsible...
  • When we play late/early aggressive shots, ball need to get high in the air and drop in under 30 yards or close to boundary line (it happens same some time, but it need to be accurate thing in the game)...
  • AI need to play according to player ratings and also need to play according to situation and pitch type... currently i feel, AI created such way, to make every match close as possible... AI not considering player ratings and pitch type at all...
  • Player ratings and pitch, condition type need to play major role in the game... currently all type of condition, pitches and player rating feels same...
  • I think the best way to fix player rating is to link it with player timing (for batting, bowling and fielding)... like if timing scale considered as 100, than player a who had cut shot at 60 ratings need to have only 60% timing scale when he play a cut shot... this way we can limit a shot quality for each player and by this method each player feels and plays differently... this will be same for bowlers too... when we bowl, if bowler swing rating is 75, than we only get 75% timing scale to execute foot placement and release point... by doing this, we can limit bad bowler and batsman to play certain type of shots and delivery in the game... plus this also give meaning to career mode's rating upgrades...
Are these Notes for the coming iterations?[DOUBLEPOST=1516910019][/DOUBLEPOST]BA is busy fixing the tennis racket.. Wonder how many people will preorder there next cricket game.. Surely gonna drop

Thieves

Club Captain
I wish they could atleast specify a date for the new patch. It really needs one.
I just finish versing my friend at home. We made the mistake of versing each other on easy batting.

Ended up making 200 wid de cock and set him a score of 430 ruNS in a T20. He's actually a good bowler as well so that sux. I bowled him out for 350.. didn't celebrate much.

Let's hope the new patch that comes out also sorts out the difficulty levels.

Users who are viewing this thread