Ashes Cricket General Discussion

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I guess you could just not accept offers when prompted for a particular format.
Could this be about other players, not your career player? Because that's something I have also mentioned. Retirements for certain players from certain formats would be nice (eg cook from limited overs, Dhoni from tests etc.).

Additionally, I think it would be nice to get offers from leagues every year rather than picking one the first time and being stuck with it. Players change teams from time to time. Would also make it more interesting to peruse other lineups in different leagues. What do people think?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
May I know how long will it take to get the approval from Sony or Microsoft once @BigAntStudios decides to release the patch ?

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That sounds really encouraging.
I have a few queries if you can answer. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

1. How is AI field placement in the latest build? Any noticeable improvements?
2. How is it batting against spinners? Its fairly easy to play spinners atm. I miss the dbc 14 spinners. Any chances they are/have worked on it.
3. How is AI chasing in 2nd innings test matches? Atm its pretty ridiculous with AI chasing 400+ scores with ease (while simulating). Maybe its because the confidence gets carried over. Does confidence still carry over to the 2nd innings?
4. How are backfoot shots? Are they as effective as front foot shots?
5. Any progress on the career mode bug wherein Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic?

Here goes:
1. How is AI field placement in the latest build? Any noticeable improvements? There are significant improvements but attempts are still being made to make it better and better.
2. How is it batting against spinners? Its fairly easy to play spinners atm. I miss the dbc 14 spinners. Any chances they are/have worked on it. As compared to pacers, spin is easier to play, that's right but I have experienced lovely edges and beat the bat instances while batting. However, you always have the timing window modifier in case you are finding batting too easy.
3. How is AI chasing in 2nd innings test matches? Atm its pretty ridiculous with AI chasing 400+ scores with ease (while simulating). Maybe its because the confidence gets carried over. Does confidence still carry over to the 2nd innings? AI chasing is being improved not only in tests but also in limited overs.
4. How are backfoot shots? Are they as effective as front foot shots? Backfoot shots are more powered now; ball rolls over to the boundary if neatly timed into the gaps.
5. Any progress on the career mode bug wherein Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic? Haven't tested Career, so can't really comment on this!
All in all, there have been some great and significant improvements in gameplay.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Here goes:
1. How is AI field placement in the latest build? Any noticeable improvements? There are significant improvements but attempts are still being made to make it better and better.
2. How is it batting against spinners? Its fairly easy to play spinners atm. I miss the dbc 14 spinners. Any chances they are/have worked on it. As compared to pacers, spin is easier to play, that's right but I have experienced lovely edges and beat the bat instances while batting. However, you always have the timing window modifier in case you are finding batting too easy.
3. How is AI chasing in 2nd innings test matches? Atm its pretty ridiculous with AI chasing 400+ scores with ease (while simulating). Maybe its because the confidence gets carried over. Does confidence still carry over to the 2nd innings? AI chasing is being improved not only in tests but also in limited overs.
4. How are backfoot shots? Are they as effective as front foot shots? Backfoot shots are more powered now; ball rolls over to the boundary if neatly timed into the gaps.
5. Any progress on the career mode bug wherein Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic? Haven't tested Career, so can't really comment on this!
All in all, there have been some great and significant improvements in gameplay.
Fantastic. Specially the No1 awnser

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
There isn’t a black and white answer - it has varied significantly in the past
Just trying to figure if the patch can be out this Friday :spy and hoping @BigAntStudios can actually let us know the patch is under approval (once submitted to Sony/Microsoft) thereby avoiding a cardiac arrest when I see the patch while switching on my console.

D

Deleted member 185125

Just trying to figure if the patch can be out this Friday :spy and hoping @BigAntStudios can actually let us know the patch is under approval (once submitted to Sony/Microsoft) thereby avoiding a cardiac arrest when I see the patch while switching on my console.
You are funny dude. Nice try, don't think it's gonna work though.

Pat

International Coach

Considering the fact that beta builds are still being pushed on PC (with the latest being a day or two ago), it is safe to assume that the patch is not yet ready. There is almost 0% chance of that happening.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Considering the fact that beta builds are still being pushed on PC (with the latest being a day or two ago), it is safe to assume that the patch is not yet ready. There is almost 0% chance of that happening.
Yap. My guess is 2 more months . Hopefully it will be worth the wait

Thieves

Club Captain
I have noticed that with the new ps4 pro update with supersampling mode, the graphics and lighting in the game have improved.

The ball is easier to see as well. The weird blotchy skin and poor textures of created players are still there though.

If this patch doesn't fixed that , I would be utterly dissapointed.

Still enjoying the game though. Played after a while.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I saw a video of AO gameplay, it didn't appeal much to me. If they make games on Football / Hockey / Baseball, I'm definitely buying.

Back to topic, is the issue of bowlers unable to field/take catches been looked at?

Users who are viewing this thread