Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Darkseid

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Have any PC users had an issue where downloaded uniforms/created uniforms aren't appearing correctly in game? They're the base color of the downloaded uniform with most if not all of the logos missing. They preview exactly as they should in the pre-game menu where one picks the team/match-type/etc and also show up perfectly in the academy, it's just literally the moment it finishes loading and you're onto the field for the toss.

Last edited:

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have any PC users had an issue where downloaded uniforms/created uniforms aren't appearing correctly in game? They're the base color of the downloaded uniform with most if not all of the logos missing. They preview exactly as they should in the pre-game menu where one picks the team/match-type/etc and also show up perfectly in the academy, it's just literally the moment it finishes loading and you're onto the field for the toss.

I second that...I tried several custom downloaded teams (from @Llewelynf 's creations) in casual mode..

In the team selection page they appear perfect as created but as soon the toss screen comes the colors are changed...

especially 92 & 96 WC teams & found the uniforms in weird colors without the designs...(eg Aus had white Tshirts & yellow pants & so on...)

Also tried the Aus T20 bash competition & found the team name logos to be unusually pixelated in the team selection & loading screens....

I hope it may get resolved by the next patch...[DOUBLEPOST=1526014301][/DOUBLEPOST]Also some micro stuttering got resurfaced which had almost completely gone after the 1.07 update & the game had become so buttery smooth even on my 4 yr old laptop with 60+FPS most of the times

ndschan

Club Captain
Now that you mention it, it did happen after the 15th over or so of the first innings of a T20 match, around when the lights came on. I'll see if this is a pattern. Any fixes like some HUD changes that help?
In my experience the stuttering starts when the lights are just about to come on, around 645pm in the game, especially when you see the shadows of the stadium components on half of the pitch. Once the lights have come on to its fullest effect, its not as much

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@WealeyH @Langeveldt whats your guys experience with spinners post patch 1.8? For me they're just getting belted, around 6-7 runs an over. Seems like the batsmen can easily whip it to leg even if I bowl well outside off. (Test Match only, Hard bowling, Legend AI)

I'd never dare bowl on legend for a start.

Spinners are okay providing you are always perfect spin and release. Anything else and they will get hit, in my opinion.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'd never dare bowl on legend for a start.

Spinners are okay providing you are always perfect spin and release. Anything else and they will get hit, in my opinion.
what do you play on? Veteran?

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi, the recent patch took out lots of premeditation but Please make the batsman to play short balls on the front foot and aswell yorkers on backfoot. If this can be done then both footwork can be used in the game properly without any premeditation.

Watching the ball and playing is very nice but its very difficult to change your footwork at the last moment (unless you get prediction right).

Allow short balls to be played off the front foot for horizontal bat shots, and full balls being able to be played with a vertical bat. Then this will be a very good balance for the game. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1526043458][/DOUBLEPOST]@MattW This was there in DBC14 so please try to bring in ashes as well. Once the fielder directly hit the stumps, you are not allowed to take any more runs. This is not good because after hitting the stumps the ball deviates and goes in the other direction and one can grab some extra runs. This will also stop people from making unwanted direct hit at stumps.

D

Deleted member 185125

Just wondering if anyone has played this game on Xbox one x? Wondering how it looks....thinking about trading in the ps4 pro....!
It's gotten better on the Pro since the 1.07 update. But the logos still have issues. Low quality images in-game, that is.
Meanwhile, Haven't heard yet from a One x onwer.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hi, the recent patch took out lots of premeditation but Please make the batsman to play short balls on the front foot and aswell yorkers on backfoot. If this can be done then both footwork can be used in the game properly without any premeditation.

Watching the ball and playing is very nice but its very difficult to change your footwork at the last moment (unless you get prediction right).

Allow short balls to be played off the front foot for horizontal bat shots, and full balls being able to be played with a vertical bat. Then this will be a very good balance for the game. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1526043458][/DOUBLEPOST]@MattW This was there in DBC14 so please try to bring in ashes as well. Once the fielder directly hit the stumps, you are not allowed to take any more runs. This is not good because after hitting the stumps the ball deviates and goes in the other direction and one can grab some extra runs. This will also stop people from making unwanted direct hit at stumps.

That would basically allow any footwork for any delivery. Would be terrible and far too easy.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I would quite like to be able to hit a front foot, or hell even a back-foot, pull to mid-wicket though. Currently the shots you can hit off short-balls through there are pretty weak I find, especially when trying to go aerial.

Yeah I’d agree with that..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would quite like to be able to hit a front foot, or hell even a back-foot, pull to mid-wicket though. Currently the shots you can hit off short-balls through there are pretty weak I find, especially when trying to go aerial.
I agree, but I can already play front foot pull shots. I don't get this regular call for it to be added to the game.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I agree, but I can already play front foot pull shots. I don't get this regular call for it to be added to the game.

Yeah, I think they want to be able to hit them off proper bouncers? Which is a bit silly.

Although I don't really like the animation itself (especially as it usually plays instead of the much nicer leg-glance animation when playing square/behind square) I'd like if it was used sometimes to hit through mid-wicket like I said. I've seen the AI do it but that shot is not available to the player for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread