Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But after playing many other games on the ps4, it's sad to see that big ant don't push the boundaries in terms of graphics.
Are you comparing it with GOW? :rolleyes
I have the PC version though and the graphics looks nice if you crank all graphic settings to max. Models are certainly not like pro evolution soccer and ambience, particle systems are not like fifa titles... true! But they are not "meh" either. You don't need any further graphics enhancement in this game.
If you warry about face scan and generic models....then yeah! It kinda falls apart but... the immersive gameplay experience, neutralises that! I'd say, this graphic will do.

Your ID is however..umm... interesting! :D

stephencox32

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I find the graphics on Ashes Cricket on the PC to be much smoother than PS4 which is odd as the console version is meant to be 4K supported. Close up the PC version is far superior graphics wise and I also find the gameplay smoother. I own both versions as I update/create logos etc to upload which is something you can only do on PC. Overall I find the game very playable on both systems - I just hope Big Ant don’t abandon the title in terms of support and updates as is the big fear because they basically have a decent cricket game going on!

john marston

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How to change dynamic line ups of all teams in career mode???

Mondy

Club Captain
Hopefully, it's very annoying resetting a field the next over you bowl and sometimes it won't even let you change the field at the start of an over, you have to wait till after the 1st ball is bowled.

This has been an issue as far back as DBC 14. Drives me up the wall.

Mondy

Club Captain
It would be nice if the new patch fixed the AI batting second run-rate when the game is simulated in career mode.

Also, the lack of grounding the bat when deciding not to run.

I still don’t see many outfield catches, and I’ve never found AI batting natural. They seem to pick the perfect gap when they need to.

Any chance of a six slider that you can increase or decrease depending on the match type?

jay godhani

Club Cricketer
It would be nice if the new patch fixed the AI batting second run-rate when the game is simulated in career mode.

Also, the lack of grounding the bat when deciding not to run.

I still don’t see many outfield catches, and I’ve never found AI batting natural. They seem to pick the perfect gap when they need to.

Any chance of a six slider that you can increase or decrease depending on the match type?
Six slider or advance & sweep shot slider needed becoz its very easy to play perfect

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Make of this what you will, but I have a theory that the AI is far more effective at chasing down a total than it is at setting one.

To test this I left AI vs AI running in an ODI and went to work, same conditions, same teams, deskilled somewhat so no batting skills were higher than 80.

The team batting second won 9 out of the 10 games.

Thieves

Club Captain
I have the PC version though and the graphics looks nice if you crank all graphic settings to max. Models are certainly not like pro evolution soccer and ambience, particle systems are not like fifa titles... true! But they are not "meh" either. You don't need any further graphics enhancement in this game.
If you warry about face scan and generic models....then yeah! It kinda falls apart but... the immersive gameplay experience, neutralises that! I'd say, this graphic will do.

I do have a ps4 pro. Don't have a 4k tv though so maybe I am judging it abit harshly since theres only so much graphical power that an old 32 inch HD tv can display.

Thanks for the reply. Have kind of lost interest in it, especially after finding the commentary on real cricket 18 so much more accurate and unpredictable when compared to ashes.

I guess I wish that we could get a AAA title out of big ant. I do think they are close, but it's gna be a lot more work to get their cricket title into more of a fifa "feel".

jay godhani

Club Cricketer
Are you playing on hardest batting setting?
no matter compare to other shots, advance & sweep shot overpowered & hardest difficulty with modifier its often to hit boundary with advance shots.
while other shots sometimes able to find boundary or sometimes not also look like realistic but when i start playing advance shot able to score quickly that sad....

Users who are viewing this thread