Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If they can in future get vr support hololens or mix vr would be fantastic. combine that with maxwell comment of plugging in your bat to pc. It will change how computer cricket gaming is.

Two comments regarding the VR piece...

1. It would be great if Big Ant add the VR component but it should not happen at the cost of normal/regular mode. Most people play video games to have fun and relax while sitting on the couch. VR will add a novelty feature but will wear off for majority. As an example I played Grand Slam Tennis and initially found it fun with hitting shots with the controller but after a couple of sessions with the game didn't want to do so. Eventually Top Spin 4 ended up as my favorite Tennis game.

2. In case the controls are "couch friendly", the game should cater to non-VR mode as well without compromising on the "fun factor". I mean the game should not be designed putting VR as the primary objective. I played a few PSVR games and I like it but I'm one of those guys who gets a head-ache and feels uncomfortable after barely playing 30 mins or thereabouts. I have the same reaction to 3D movies/games as well. I'm sure there must be others like me who would rather play a simple 2D game sitting on the couch and IMO that has to be the target audience as majority of gamers are the ones who simply put in a disc in the console, sit back and play the game.

LEFF

Club Captain
Censored comes up when the controller isn't signed into the PS network... there could be other reasons for this, but in my experience that is generally why..

On another note... the quick glimpse from behind the right shoulder of the umpire & bowler really gave us a good indication of how the Mo-Cap comes up in game with the final stride of Jimmy Anderson's action. Top stuff!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Censored comes up when the controller isn't signed into the PS network... there could be other reasons for this, but in my experience that is generally why..

On another note... the quick glimpse from behind the right shoulder of the umpire & bowler really gave us a good indication of how the Mo-Cap comes up in game with the final stride of Jimmy Anderson's action. Top stuff!
Good spot.

The game is looking really good. Would love to see maybe a Five5 match released as a preview video.

LEFF

Club Captain
Not to claim any psychic ability- but If I was a betting man I think we may see an aspect of the PR plan in the coming weeks to highlight the realism of the new actions and batting styles in closer detail.

As a first for any cricket game- certainly in my opinion that is a huge selling point. Cricket wins again!

grkrama

National Board President
Two comments regarding the VR piece...

Im and the piece are talking of in future when when these tech actually develop to something that can be used for long time and have more depth and ease of use to them unlike what they are now.

And i dont think BA will throw all the work they have done till now, and wake up tomorrow and make a VR centric game.

kulch

Club Captain
There is an opportunity though here for BA. Not many games are full fledged VR. They are mostly tech demos or VR content tacked onto a game as a small mode. Dirt rally VR is the best it's the entire game with a VR cam. Cricket/baseball (batting) and golf is made for VR. The pro cam from DBC is made for VR. BA should lead the VR frontier and not wait for others games. It could capture the VR market that wouldn't look at cricket games usually

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A new post on FB page

Player Scan: Ellyse Perry

One of the absolute superstars of the Australian team, Ellyse Perry is a dynamic and hugely effective all-rounder, capable of decimating the opponent with bat or ball. The youngest person to have represented Australia in cricket, Perry has a batting average of 31.28, and bowling average of 16.11.

Perry has also represented Australia in football (or soccer, if you will), showing just how versatile she is as an athlete.

Attachments

• 2B0A6A1F-D014-40C0-9D7C-ED9942D0C6CE.jpeg
    2B0A6A1F-D014-40C0-9D7C-ED9942D0C6CE.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 38

LEFF

Club Captain
Would be a nice surprise if the domestic leagues for Australia (and England) were in the game (licensed) given the JLT ad board in the background of that photo.

I know, I know... knit-picking.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Would be a nice surprise if the domestic leagues for Australia (and England) were in the game (licensed) given the JLT ad board in the background of that photo.

I know, I know... knit-picking.
Pretty sure it was confirmed that it was only the Aus/Eng squads.

Users who are viewing this thread