Asian Confederation of Nations | ASCON | Hosts Revealed!

2003 ASCON Asia Cup Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

isFEISARfair

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
||丫头条||
NEW FACES IN AT ASCON FOLLOWING CHINESE TAKEOVER! ASIAN CUP SET TO GO AHEAD!

August 21st 2002

R.jpg
New ASCON President Long Hui'an

In the early morning hours of today members of the Asian Confederation of Nations (ASCON) board voted to remove all Indian representatives following the collapse of the Cricket Board of India (CBI) back in July and following a bid for reform by the Chinese Cricket Association (CCA) to restart activities in full earnest which was submitted back on August 18th to the best of our understanding. The arrangement will see Chinese national Long Hui'an leave her current position as the CCA's Director of Domestic Cricket and take over the presidency of the currently stagnant association after only four months of CBI management. Several new members of the ASCON board have also been added, most of whom are Chinese nationals which has led to some outlets referring to the change of management as a coup of ASCON and its current identity which some fear may cause the confederation to become more of a CCA puppet institution, with some of these fears being further expanded upon by the simultaneous announcement that China will host the 2002 Asian Cup in its traditional autumn timeslot with a current tentative schedule putting the tournament between November and December of this year. In her inaugural speech to the press following the announcement of her ascension to the position, Long Hui'an gave the following:
"When I chose to become this Confederation's president I swore to myself that I will not rest until the Confederation is once again a leading association within the international cricketing community. For that over the past year not only has this Confederation but also the continent of Asia as a whole has been punched down upon by those who have come from those associations who have openly thrown around their western made assets to dominate the international landscape and looking down upon the rest of the world from their safe haven in the West. No more will this confederation and the continent it represents shall be looked down upon as one of disunity and disorder but one unified in its goal towards achieving international success as one collective against those who see themselves instinctively as superior."​
Some have commented that the President's comments were distasteful however many within the new board have apparently overlooked these. Some are also surprised that the CCA has managed to make this bid at all with internal opposition to the idea having existed since the crisis began, mainly being led by the National Cricket Association of China (NCA) who have argued that China should not interact with the international community at all and argues that their way of playing the game is the only "pure method" of playing it though international observers will likely disagree. Despite these issues it appears that ASCON is now unified to some extent and with an Asian Cup set to take place in November on very short notice it waits to be seen just how successful this will all play out.
Mark Richards
Foreign Writer for Yatoutiao

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can I post my squad for the Asia Cup in the 2002 ASCON Asia Cup thread ?? or here ??

isFEISARfair

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
1705145620388.png

The Asian Confederation of Nations would like to announce that bidding for the 2003 and 2004 editions of the ASCON ASIA CUP are now open to all prospective bidders.

Bid Submission Rules

- All bids must be submitted privately - please do not publicize bids until they've been approved by the Asian Confederation of Nations; even if they include multiple nations.
- You can not include venues that have not been accredited by the World Cricket Conference for any of your tournament hosting bids; they will be deemed invalid.
- Members are allowed to add more venues upon winning a bid but they can not use non-existing stadia in their bid proposal to the Asian Confederation of Nations.
- Members may bid for both iterations of the ASCON Asia Cup that are open for bidding, please note that should you win the 2003 bid your 2004 bid will become invalid.
- Please use the form below;

Code:
TOURNAMENT:

Bid:
Venues:
Final:
Code:
Example:

TOURNAMENT: 2003 WCC CRICKET WORLD CUP

Bid: England-Ireland
Venues: Laytown (poor), Cork (excellent), Malahide (normal), Lord's (normal), Old Trafford (poor), The Oval (poor)
Final: Lord's (normal)

Ineligible Bidders

- 1705146065849.png JAPAN is ineligible from bidding for the 2003 ASCON Asia Cup as they did host the 2001 edition, they may bid for the 2004 edition.
- 1705146124349.png CHINA is ineligible from bidding for either the 2003 ASCON Asia Cup or the 2004 ASCON Asia Cup as they did host the 2002 edition.

Bidding and Selection Timeline

1. ASCON members submit their bids to ASCON.
2. All approved bids are announced and a 72 hour public window is opening for bid discussion.
3. 2003 ASCON Asia Cup bids are voted upon.
4. 2004 ASCON Asia Cup bids are voted upon.

Deadline

1 Week
- Please ensure that you submit your bids to me via a private conversation or message.

We wish all prospective nations the best of luck in the upcoming bidding cycle.

@A.P Haux @isFEISARfair @HawkAussie @HydroMuon @Disharies @Viper. @CerealKiller @mohsin7827 @Lazerknighta @parth00

Last edited:

isFEISARfair

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
1705757777734.png

The Asian Confederation of Nations would like to announce that bidding is now closed for both the 2003 and 2004 ASCON Asia Cups. For all nations that have taken part in the process we would like to thank them for submitting bids to host the prestigious event.

2003 ASCON Asia Cup Bids

- 1705757927740.png QATAR (3 venues)
- 1705757950807.png PAKISTAN (3 venues)

2004 ASCON Asia Cup Bids

- 1705757927740.png QATAR (3 venues)
- 1705757950807.png PAKISTAN (3 venues)

As the same two nations have bid for both events on offer, only a single vote will be held which will be for the rights to host the 2003 ASCON Asia Cup whilst the nation that loses said bid will host the 2004 edition. Should a nation withdraw one of their bids then the other nation will automatically receive the rights.

Voting will take place in 72 Hours

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In a World Cup year? And you consider yourself a cricket administrator? SHAME.
Why not? We can fill some slots before the World Cup. Giving up a chance for extra broadcast revenue, and you consider yourself a cricket administrator? SHAME.

isFEISARfair

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
@isFEISARfair any plans for a Test Asia Cup?
My original plan was to run some sort of Asian Test Championship over a two year period similar to the actual World Test Championship, however I quickly came to the realization that it simply wasn't possible and it would of required establishing several windows for tours which I felt would of been too disrupting. I then tried to find a more conventional format that could work but felt that it wouldn't really fit in well so the initial idea for the ATC as I envisioned it was put back in the scrap-bin for the time being. 2005 should be when it does get started though the format is still a bit of bother.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My original plan was to run some sort of Asian Test Championship over a two year period similar to the actual World Test Championship, however I quickly came to the realization that it simply wasn't possible and it would of required establishing several windows for tours which I felt would of been too disrupting. I then tried to find a more conventional format that could work but felt that it wouldn't really fit in well so the initial idea for the ATC as I envisioned it was put back in the scrap-bin for the time being. 2005 should be when it does get started though the format is still a bit of bother.
What about something like this, but maybe with 2 groups of 4? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Asian_Test_Championship

Users who are viewing this thread