Aussie new ODI kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The Australian national team will revert to green and gold this summer following the launch of its ground-breaking new one-day international uniform.

Cricket Australia and adidas unveiled the new strip at the SCG on Tuesday, which features the world's first collarless cricket shirt.

Also gone is the canary yellow of recent ODI uniforms to be replaced by the same shade of green as the baggy green caps which are awarded only to Australian Test players.

Full article here

65889.jpg

Image from Cricinfo

This is just not Australian for me, looks like the South African Rugby jersey.

Yeah I agree with you aussie, this kit does not look Aussie and is also not that well designed. The Aussies stood out with their unique golden/yellow strip but this one is too different.

Traditional or not, that's a great kit.

Ricky Ponting is damn hairy isn't he?

The kit is good but it dosent fit Australia.. hey guys and are they going to wear white trousers ?? :eek: or dark green ones? Bydaway what do they mean by baggy caps? any pictures of that please :D.

Farrukh_|$B said:
The kit is good but it dosent fit Australia.. hey guys and are they going to wear white trousers ?? :eek: or dark green ones? Bydaway what do they mean by baggy caps? any pictures of that please :D.
The baggy green cap is the most desirable item for an Australian cricketer. You get awarded a cap to wear when you play your first test match. This is why you hear the phrase "50 test caps" or something. The Australian test caps are indeed baggy green!

aa skateboarder, i get it.. is it something like football 200 international caps.. it writes sometimes like that for a player. :p

Farrukh_|$B said:
aa skateboarder, i get it.. is it something like football 200 international caps.. it writes sometimes like that for a player. :p
Exactly like that. Players are awarded baseball caps, and the Australians look baggy and are the colour green! "200 international caps" in football means he has played for his country 200 times, and that he got his cap in his first match.

There is a thread for this in the cricket chat forum. I dont see the need for 2, so Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread