New green ODI kit for Aussies

Well the best Aussie uniforms according to me were
1.The one they used in 1997 Carlton & United series.
2.The one used in 2000 C & U series.
Both had a tinge of green on them.
Even the last one which they used in SA was good.

I think the kit looks pretty good per se, but the yellow kit really stood out...no other nation had similar colours, but now there's so many green coloured teams...i think that's a bit of a shame imho :crying

legend_master said:
I think the kit looks pretty good per se, but the yellow kit really stood out...no other nation had similar colours, but now there's so many green coloured teams...i think that's a bit of a shame imho :crying
What are you doing out of your TCP corner? :p

You're right, there are way too many teams using green these days. I'll never understand why Australians use it. Shouldn't it have something to do with their flag?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, as I heard something along these lines four years ago on a year five camp in the High Court of Canberra, but we did originally bear blue and gold as our national colours, yet that was soon changed as a result of it co-inciding with Sweden too heavily...nonetheless, the green and gold combination was "officially" adopted twenty or so years ago, my sources tell me.
But, yeah, LM has a point there- Australia had probably the most recognizable kit, yet now it looks a touch odd, and without it's identity! :p
I don't think the whole baggygreen ploy has any real merit, either.

nightprowler10 said:
I'll never understand why Australians use it. Shouldn't it have something to do with their flag?

The Indians would be wearing tri-colour kits if that were the case!

listen to the national anthem and youll understand why we wear green and gold, personally the 2003 wc was my fav

Yeah, but there aren't any actual references to the colour green, are there? It talks about golden soil and what not (I'm not a fan by the way, much more of a waltz person :p), but I can see why green's there.

Can't really judge this kit until I get a larger and clearer look at it. Also, will the trousers also be green? Hopefully so.

woW Wow it sux :p, lol joking but the best Kit I ever seen (Australian) is this one...

62040.jpg

i actually really like the current kit best which is predominantly yellow..but that's just me ;)

I liked our yellow kits. The one before the adidas was great and our current home strip is good. Never liked the green one.

Users who are viewing this thread