Australia drop to third in ODI rankings

jordox

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia haven't done any good in the home ODI series for a good 2 or 3 years.

I wish the champions trophy or something like that was about to start, that would be a better way to judge them.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
I wish India win the fifth ODI against Sri Lanka so that Australia will remain in 3rd place for more time.

I think that the Australians will bounce back to win the series against NZ.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Well first of all it's not official that Australia are now on the decline, or that our period of dominance just finished, our period of dominance (as in being unstoppable, unbeatable) has clearly been over for several months now.

The only thing we are discovering now is how deep the decline might be, although it seems pretty clear that our current ODI team is nowhere near our best, we're still missing Lee, Tait, Siddle, Marsh, Symonds, Watson and Ponting from the team that lost yesterday. You can also throw in McGain as I reckon he will find himself in the ODI team in South Africa, he only just got back from injury on the domestic scene.

I still think that our test team at its best can be number 1 again, and our ODI team I'm not sure, but our current lineup is severely weakened.

formula1man

International Cricketer
we used to be able to win these games, so where're not the same team, we have come back to the pack. We will know how bad it is this time next year. We are playing number 4 at the moment, then number 1 again, then number 5 Pakistan, then number 6 England, then number 2 India, then number 8 West Indies. So we will know where we stand in a years time, but for sure, we are not World Champs anymore.

formula1man

International Cricketer
and our bowlers are out of form, they used to be able to defend 180's let alond 220's.

Also dont forget New Zealand are missing key players too.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
yep, i am rooting for KIWIS too. Coz more they beat aussie, lesser chance aussie would have to retain its spot by bullying minnows. Infact in last year,aussie had lost both ODI and Test series to the top 2 teams and bulllied lower ranked teams.

Suppose that's how Australia have been so good for so long, because there have been 8 minnow nations that they've been getting their #1 spot by flogging.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I dont take much into ODI ratings. A few games can change the positions. If the Aussies were to lose their test no.1 ranking, and unable to regain it within the next series, then I'll accept that this truly is a decline.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
I dont take much into ODI ratings. A few games can change the positions. If the Aussies were to lose their test no.1 ranking, and unable to regain it within the next series, then I'll accept that this truly is a decline.
Effectively in a month and half's time.

jordox

International Cricketer
Effectively in a month and half's time.

Yeppo ;)

Although I do think that series will be a hell of a lot closer than people think, Australia will still lose their ranking. Hopefully. I'm all for a bit of a change. Makes things more interesting...

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I'm honestly going to predict a series win for Australia in South Africa, our selectors picked a fantastic squad for the tour and I really think that with our best XI we can come back. I feel we will be fielding that best XI with no Symonds, Lee or Hayden now.

Users who are viewing this thread