Australian Domestic Cricket

North Sydney Oval certainly makes the average look like superman. Awesome knock none the less, Smith probably secured his spot in the OD side for the whole season now.

Nice of the game to get going as soon as I passed out. Just missed Quiney and Hodge really opening up and missed all of Smith's demolition :facepalm

Brendon Julian was doing my head in with some of his comments. Crapping on about Henriques dropping a catch that was blasted back at him when bowling. BJ, the lanky bastard, would've still been cartwheeling down the pitch and worrying about how his hair looked.
And saying the Vics would be happy with 260, then going on to say the average score is 267 and the team batting first lost the past 5 matches. Yeah, scoring below average is great.

/rant

I just love how he says "all of a sudden" when something happens over the course of several minutes or hours.

Haha yeah true. "All of a sudden the Vics are in trouble at 4/80" - Yeah that was a pretty sudden 4 wickets in 19 overs.

I thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle!

Nice of the game to get going as soon as I passed out. Just missed Quiney and Hodge really opening up and missed all of Smith's demolition :facepalm

Brendon Julian was doing my head in with some of his comments. Crapping on about Henriques dropping a catch that was blasted back at him when bowling. BJ, the lanky bastard, would've still been cartwheeling down the pitch and worrying about how his hair looked.
And saying the Vics would be happy with 260, then going on to say the average score is 267 and the team batting first lost the past 5 matches. Yeah, scoring below average is great.

/rant

I enjoyed it :D

North Sydney Oval certainly makes the average look like superman. Awesome knock none the less, Smith probably secured his spot in the OD side for the whole season now.

I watched a T20 club game at North Sydney not too long ago, and couldn't believe how many balls were smashed right out of the ground.

NSW chasing the score reminded me of the Wanderers game in 2006, when South Africa got 9/438 and chased Australia's score.

Hitting the ball out of the park at North Sydney is the equivalent of reaching the fence at the MCG. The boundary on the hill is under 60 metres. Great if you're at the game, of course.

Given recent events, maybe it wasn't an option.

Marsh copped a rather extreme amount of thrashing, but took six wickets. Dixon wasn't so lucky.

Whoever moves aside for Hopes and Lynn will be unlucky. All the batsmen have made a contribution to their Shield season, with no real standouts.

Now it's the bowlers' turn, two down and the remaining opener hasn't faced a ball!

Those are some pretty bizarre figures for Marsh, 6-84 from 15? Maybe they were just trying too hard to go after him.

Those are some pretty bizarre figures for Marsh, 6-84 from 15? Maybe they were just trying too hard to go after him.

I reckon he bowled well. Kept the ball pitched up so got driven a lot, but all his wickets were caught in slips/wicketkeeper or bowled.

It's great to see a young bowler deliberately trying to bowl a fuller length instead of all that short stuff.

CA stream on a weird angle though. Hard to see how much swing bowlers were getting.

Mitchell Marsh in alot of ways reminds me of a Young Shane Watson circa 2002-2003. A real all-rounder for the future.

CA stream on a weird angle though. Hard to see how much swing bowlers were getting.

According to the news reports he was getting swing. His bowling was alright last season, probably the only thing that kept him in the side as his batting was poor by his standards.

Users who are viewing this thread