Australian Domestic Cricket

Injured and unavailable bowlers taking it's toll on the Vics. Really struggling with the ball. No Siddle, J-Pat, McKay, Hastings, Holland, McDonald.

Boland is 3 kinds of ordinary.

Henriques back to normal again, hasn't done anything since the Champions League.
Good start for Zampa though, we could use a young promising leggie. Hopefully he gets another game next year.

Now that i seems likely that either one of Khawaja or Hughes will replace Ponting for the sri lanka series. This is great opportunity for the player that isn't picked along with ferguson to have a big season.

Currently Hughes, Khawaja & Ferguson are the top 3 run scorers in shield cricket. For Australia future the player who replaces ponting vs sri lanka & the remaining two remaining the top run-scorers with 1000+ runs would be perfect.

----------

Henriques back to normal again, hasn't done anything since the Champions League.

You sure. Since i know he scored 161 not out vs somebody early this season. Plus he has been named player of the month - Australia Cricket Features: Moises Henriques hopes to build on rapid start | ESPN Cricinfo

All of that was before the Champions League, since then his highest score has been 31 and that was in a 50 over match.

All of that was before the Champions League, since then his highest score has been 31 and that was in a 50 over match.

Oh my bad, thought it was after the C League.

McDermott hasn't been deemed good enough for the last few Shield matches. Ridiculous. This bloke should be pushing for national selection but somehow can't get a game.

Well maybe those other QLD blokes are just as good as McDermott! I tend to ignore a lot of their bowlers because of the Gabba effect on bowling stats, so I've no idea how good Gannon and Feldman really are. Cutting's been mentioned in the Aussie selection frame. And QLD have played 2 spinners in a couple of games: Hauritz and Boyce.

Smith and Henriques picking the right time to make runs. Henriques in particular if he can convert this into a 100.

Users who are viewing this thread