Australian Domestic Cricket

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Quite crazy to see the amount of ACT talent coming through at the moment... Pretty pumped I've got three first-class cricketers out haha. This game looks very good so far... pretty stupid to bring on the spinners when Bailey did.

Robelinda

International Coach
Paine has NEVER scored a First Class ton while in the team as a wicketkeeper, Wade has how many again????

Wade any day. Paine makes pretty 20's, thats it.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez getting smoked by SA of all teams. Botha proving to be a handy pickup and Hughes again pushing his case for 50 over selection.

War

Chairman of Selectors
'Pitches hampering Aussie cricket' | Domestic Cricket | Fox Sports

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/pitches-in-the-frame-20121104-28s58.html

Interesting point made here.

I'd think if shield wickets are green top that is good, because it means if batsmen can score runs in those conditions vs the many talented quicks in domestic cricket - that would be a sign of an excellent batsman in the making.

Since in an era of international cricket, where most batsmen worldwide got it easy scoring runs on flat decks almost everywhere - AUS batsmen who succeed in domestic cricket on bowler friendly wickets, will graduate to international cricket more technically tested than most bats from around the world.

However that pitch in the SMH article is a bit too green indeed.

Last edited:

cricketmad09

International Coach
Umar Akmal signed for Sixers.

Here's what my best XI's would be, not including players likely playing for Australia or guys out injured

Adelaide Strikers

Klinger
Hughes
McDonald
Ferguson
Pollard
Reardon
Neser
Botha
Richardson
Putland
Tait

Brisbane Heat

Hopes
Burns
Forrest
Lynn
Christian
Pomersbach
Hartley
Johnson
Vettori
Roach
McDermott

Hobart Hurricanes

Paine
Ponting
Birt
Bailey
Shah
Styris
Blizzard
Doherty
Hogan
Laughlin
Bollinger

Melbourne Renegades

Finch
Harris
Samuels
Cooper
Hill
Rohrer
Nevill
Rimmington
O'Brien
D. Pattinson
Murali

Melbourne Stars

Quiney
Wright
Hodge
Hussey
Maxwell
White
Handscomb
Hastings
McKay
Warne
Malinga

Perth Scorchers

Gibbs
North
S. Marsh
M. Marsh
Voges
A. Morkel
Triffitt
Coulter-Nile
Mennie
Hogg
Beer

Sydney Sixers

Haddin
O'Keefe
Maddinson
Akmal
Smith
Henriques
Thornley
Lee
Starc
Hazlewood
Narine

Sydney Thunder

Khawaja
Gayle
Rogers
Cosgrove
Borgas
Afridi
Floros
Carters
Coyte
Doran
Nannes

Common theme amongst teams - Plenty of bowling depth/options for selection, but the batting depth is very thin.

James Faulkner and Jackson Bird miss out on a spot for the Stars, but there's a lot of batsmen who are just making up the numbers. Will be an interesting tournament. I hope that the Renegades and Thunder can at least be competitive, because on paper they're pretty ordinary. On paper the Stars look like clear favourites, however as we saw last season a good team on paper doesn't automatically translate into success.

My picks at this stage would be either Melbourne Stars as they have only one player without international experience and Sydney Sixers because of their very good bowling line-up. Narine alone would dominate line-up, add to that Starc, Hazlewood, Lee and O'Keefe. Questionable batting line up though.

My smokey would be Hobart. Tasmanian teams in the recent past have always played well as a team and gotten the most out of themselves.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Adelaide don't even have a keeper yet. Hobart, Sixers and Stars look the best to me, also unsure how the Marsh brothers issue will affect the Scorchers.

cricketmad09

International Coach
You assume Adelaide would eventually sign up Tim Ludeman. He has been pretty ordinary with the bat in the past, but has made some scores recently. I noticed Tom Beaton hasn't been signed up anywhere. Renegades or Thunder should get onto him asap then.

Even though Narine would be a deadly signing in this competition, I reckon Sixers have potentially made a mistake by picking him. They already have a wealthy of strong performing bowlers, so they didn't need an extra bowler. They would have been better off signing up another overseas batsman to give their batting line up a bit more quality.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hughes could keep for the Strikers...

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
WA win the toss and will bat first against Victoria. Also WA's coach has quit this morning.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Looking at WA's attack, it's a pretty good one. People have had wraps on Coulter-Nile and Rimmington, add Johnson into the mix and Beer as the spinner and they should trouble some sides. I don't know if their batsmen will put up enough runs though.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Good bowling by Cartwright. Sharp one squared Rogers up. Nearly got Maxwell but the edge looks like it bounced. Bit of swing, good seam.

----------

And Mitchel Johnson is having a swing day. Nobody stood a chance against that one. That was basically on a string.

----------

But it's been overturned? Wow turnaround.

----------

That was still a great ball, but a bit short. The question is whether Maxwell has had too many lives now.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Maxwell gets another life! Run out, right on the line, no decent view to say he's definitely out, but it must have been close.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Victoria are giving it to WA! This is so one-sided. Maxwell making more runs, can't be a bad thing for him.

Users who are viewing this thread