Ban on shoaib akhtar lifted

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Lahore High Court on Friday lifted an 18-month ban on Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar for indiscipline.

Although the court lifted the suspension, it did not withdraw the seven million rupees ($101,000) fine imposed by the Pakistan Cricket Board appellate tribunal last month.

Owzat

International Coach
Why bother making decisions in cricket, they tend not to stick with them.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
thats great now we will see some thing called as sense in bowling of pak crick:)

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
The Pakistan Cricket Board are now officially weak. :mad:

Gets off drugs charges and now gets off this. Ridiculous. If Shane Warne played for Pakistan he'd never have been banned for those pills he took.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
If Shane Warne played for Pakistan they'd be feeding him drugs.

Seriously, is it 'Make ridiculous decisions' week?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The Pakistan Cricket Board are now officially weak. :mad:

Gets off drugs charges and now gets off this. Ridiculous. If Shane Warne played for Pakistan he'd never have been banned for those pills he took.

No, if Shane Warne played for Pakistan he'd have claimed that he didn't know what he was taking and thought that performance enhancing drugs were within the rules of the game.

Why let the fool back in the game ? Mohammed Asif'll probably be back in a couple of weeks as well then.....

usy

Chairman of Selectors
whatever you guys say :D..

Shoaib Akhtar was originally banned for giving a statement on a local TV channel that, PCB is fluked up, and then he got banned. The drug thing was bad, but has nothing to do with ban this time, as it was over after the World Cup.

Shoaib and Asif are both from same cast as me, it's in our blood i guess :D.

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
IMO its a good decision to get him back... he took drugs, slammed the PCB but i dont think he is a bad guy...:D:p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
He's unfit more often than he is fit. If Pakistan so desperately want to sacrifice a decent squad member to play him, that's their prerogative.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
No, if Shane Warne played for Pakistan he'd have claimed that he didn't know what he was taking and thought that performance enhancing drugs were within the rules of the game.

Why let the fool back in the game ? Mohammed Asif'll probably be back in a couple of weeks as well then.....

Hey KP, whats up, go easy mate you might make the Pakistani massive think that you are scared of having these guys take on England you know :D, no pun intended bro.
But lets face it, we have seen it with the ICC and various boards and we will keep seeing it, its a question of economics, I guess these guys sells tickets, they might be crowd teasers and that is enough for them to bend. In all honesty (I stand to be corrected) he was banned for mouthing off on the PCB, maybe they have since reviewed themselves and realized the man was not wrong and they needed to pull-up their socks, that ban had nothing to do with his pass dealing with drugs, did it??
I recall Chris Gayle being held on a rope for making comments about the WICB as well, but not to the extent of being banned. Today he is the Captain of the West Indies Team.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
He's unfit more often than he is fit. If Pakistan so desperately want to sacrifice a decent squad member to play him, that's their prerogative.
We'll just make our squad limit 17 then :p

Anyway, the ban hasn't been "lifted"

The ban has been suspended till a hearing occurs sometime in the future.

Till the hearing / case takes place, there is no ban.

Basically they're ruling innocent before proven guilty...

Sureshot

Executive member
No they aren't. If they were ruling "innocent until proven guilty" he would have never been given the ban in the first place. The fact it's suspended now just shows another weak bone in Pakistani Crickets governing body.

Users who are viewing this thread