Story Bangladesh: From Minnows to Tigers! (End of England tour)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
This Story Is Back Will Read The Updates Later Today :):):):):)

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
What about the wicketkeeping position? Do I continue trying every possible keeper available or not?

A couple of issues before I continue though.

First, a minor one. Pakistan also use green as their primary colour, and yellow on white is just too jarring. What colour should I use for them when I eventually update? On a minor note, the Aussies are up after Pakistan. I guess I could use orange for them, since they use dark yellow from time to time...but...y'know. I just would like to know.

Second, uh...ICC 2010 is way old.

I'm willing to continue with ICC, as I've been there since ICC III, then 2009 and 2010...but of course I'm not made of money and ICC 2011 and 2012 just don't seem to give me the things that I REALLY want from them.

So...my second question in a nutshell...continue even though it's not realistic or in keeping with the current rules of cricket? I would appreciate some feedback, on these issues, please. Feel free to comment on the actual story too! It's...not easy writing it you know. Especially when from now on I'm doing away with graphics altogether. Text-only stories CAN survive on PlanetCricket. And I will prove it.
1. Colour for Pakistan: I suggest you use two different shades of green for the two teams.

2. Personally I don't see anything wrong with continuing a story with the "legacy" rules ie. as per ICC10

3. Regarding keeper selection, remember the hint somewhere that players will perform "below par" in a format until after they have played 15 games in it. I would advise to always pick the keeper with the best domestic (batting) records in the corresponding format, although I would consider the number two if there is a form discrepancy which appears greater than the difference in ability. However, if a keeper is still not performing in a format after 20-25 international games, time to discard them permanently as someone who cannot make the step up.

As for the story itself, it's the best that is currently being updated, by a long way. If you wish to improve it, give some of the players (and/or yourself as manager/narrator) more obvious personalities, or introduce extraneous characters, such as board members, wives and/or girlfriends, etc. Personalities are the main thing imo that would take this to the next level.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Thanks for the feedback guys. Really does make a huge difference. At least I know SOMEONE is reading!

6ry, the wicketkeeping question was more of an in-story kind of question but I really loved getting your thoughts on it. Unfortunately it's always a toss-up between Rahim and some other random wicketkeeper. I think once I sort that issue out I'd have a very steady lower-middle order. The top almost selects itself, with Tamim and Nafees guaranteed, then Mahmadullah, Shakib and Saleh/Islam depending on Tests or ODIs. And Hom was sorely missed in this series, there are very few players in the team who can match his talent at the moment. All of them might have a bad patch but they bounce back well more often than not. And Mahmud leads the bowling in any form of the game, really. The other guys are good, but none better or more consistent than Mahmud so far to be honest. I'd hate to have to go into a series with him injured.

I'll definitely stick with this story then. It won't particularly be realistic in terms of the rule changes but...it's still a good story apparently. I just got done with the outline of the second Australia ODI today. That comes after the Pakistan series, of course. ;)

I will definitely consider adding a bit of personality into the mix. I don't want to impose myself on this story so me as coach would be out. And me as narrator...you don't want. This story will degenerate into sarcasm like mad, which will take away from the realism I'm trying to impart. But a little dressing room argument here and there, or an errant Twitter post might not be out of the question.

Squad for the Pakistan tour comes tomorrow, probably.

EDIT - Oh, User...to the naked eye it seems like Pakistan and Bangladesh have the same shade of green. But I'll figure something out. Pakistan used to use a lighter green in the past, plus yellow. I just hope that it doesn't hurt anyone's eyes when I update.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Waiting for Pakistan Squad
Just want to know who is Hom

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Don't worry Qpee, many people would be reading the story, but wont be replying.

----------

I am quite chuffed up that England won all games and this story is awesome! Love to see it back, great writing skills!

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Story is on hold for about a week. I fixed my desktop yesterday, which means I have to transfer the saves and documents from my laptop onto here. I prefer my desktop, but I've had to work on my laptop for some months now. But with a fixed hard drive and a new monitor, I'll be back soon enough with this story.

Pakistan squad and some play from the first Test will be up before you know a thing. Going to try to give more details in my match updates to make up for the lack of graphics. It will be long, but hopefully exciting and with enough imagination you'll feel right there in the middle of the action.

Umair2000, Hom is Shuvagoto/Shuvagata Hom. A real-life player with a good start to his career so far in the Bangladesh first-class circuit. Been in a couple of A teams and some tour matches in the real world, I think. And he is really amazing in my game.

Dipak, shame on you. I thought you were supporting ME, not England!

Thank you to all for the feedback. I don't expect feedback after every update (although it would be nice!)...but feedback keeps me going. It lets me know that you guys read and appreciate the work I put into this story.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Going to have to put this story on hold for an indefinite period, unfortunately. New job position gives me very little time to do anything for myself. Will still be commenting on real-world cricket in general from time to time though, look out for those posts!

That being said, knowing me and my habit of never giving up even after months, don't be surprised if you see another one of my mega updates before long.

I'm never going to start another story anytime soon, that's for sure. I'm sticking with this one. So even if a year passes without updating, I'm not giving up on my Tigers.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag