Bangladesh in Kenya/Zimbabwe

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, to be fair, the 3 batsmen weren't really prestigious ones. Mufambisi on his debut, Chigumbura and Utseya.

But what a match! Bangladesh were robbed. This is not one match Mortaza will want ta remember...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Such an even series, this is what Zimbabwe and Bangladesh need more of. Shahadat Hossain has been going great guns this series and Taylor has been in excellent form with the bat.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't know what was happening when I saw the headline on cricinfo that Taylor won the match. Till I clicked on the scorecard link and saw the commentary that Taylor hit a six last ball. Reminds me of Miandad. :)

And it was a good win for Zimbabwe. Maybe in this way they can build towards a more experienced squad if they keep playing ODI's.

Whatmore said Bangladesh were the favourites. I don't think I would be calling them the favourites now. But one win of Bangladesh next match and everything will depend on the last ODI who will win the series. Also the winner of the series will grab the No. 9 spot in the standings. The one spot beneath England.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
wow Zimbabwe :) they rule, if Zimbabwe can beat Bangladesh, Bangladesh can be Aussies, and Aussies can beat English and English can beat Pakistanis and Pakistans can beat Indians and Indians can beat West Indies, and West Indies can beat New Zealand :) Zimbabwe rule!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think Bangladesh still have it in them to pull out a 3-2 victory here. However, that's the same thing I thought about India when they were down 2-1 to the Windies, and look how that turned out.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, Bangladesh are without Habibul Bashar. He is a great inspiration for Bangladesh. I would like to see this series being decided by the final ODI.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
usy said:
wow Zimbabwe :) they rule, if Zimbabwe can beat Bangladesh, Bangladesh can be Aussies, and Aussies can beat English and English can beat Pakistanis and Pakistans can beat Indians and Indians can beat West Indies, and West Indies can beat New Zealand :) Zimbabwe rule!

Yea, but South Africa owned Zimbabwe last year so that means South Africa rules! :p

usy

Chairman of Selectors
No because Sri Lanka beat them few days ago, so Zimbabwe rule!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Bangladesh were robbed!
I feel the bowling changes were ridiculous. he gave Mortaza nine over, and brought him into a pressure situation to bowl the final one, without time to settle in.
Also, what happened to Saqibul Hasan?? What I've read about him - bowls spin and, according to Cricinfo, pace as well, and is an excellent batsman. Kinda sounds like Gary Sobers.

irottev

School Cricketer
usy said:

WI can beat NZ?

Seriously though, sounds like a good series. Both teams are doing well.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It seems that Zimbabwe is steering towards a series win.

Bangladesh 206/9 (50 ov)
Zimbabwe 145/2 (27.6 ov)

They've got plenty of balls and wickets to chase down this now.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Zimbabwe won very easily in the end. This seems like 2 steps back for Bangladesh cricket, and Zimbabwe would be happy that they are still top of the minnows. :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Terrible performance. It seems Masakadza is too good a bowler for Bangladesh to handle. Strydom did well and so did Taylor, but terrible stuff. How are they gonna win the 2011 WC by playing like this!!

Users who are viewing this thread