Bangladesh Wicket Keeping Concerns ? Solution

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
While we presently have top order and fielding concerns wicket keeping is also an area we seriously need to look into.

Rahim athough showed a lot composure and grittiness with some fighting innings in some recent matches his wicket keeping is an area that needs improvement.

We already saw the fruits of having a specialized coach - Champaka Ramanayake in the bowling department where Mashrafe has shown tremendous improvement followed by Nazmul Hussain and young rookie Rubel who is improving though has a long way to go.

When a wicket keeping lapse occurs at critical stages it shatters the hopes of the team, nation and it could be very demoralizing for the suffering bowler.

That is not say the wicketkeeper will have a 100 % clean record. No wicketkeeper can claim that.

The solution is very simple .

We all know two Great Wicketkeeper Batsmen of the Subcontinent ? Syed Ali Kirmani ( India ) and Rashed Latif (Pakistan).

We need to Hire one of these guys on an Ad hoc basis may be 1-2 months to fine tune the wicket keeping skills of Rahim and other Upcoming ones like Mithun Ali and others.

In conclusion Rahim?s job as a key member of the team a team is 50% job done. No worries about his batting skills and abilities. He is a proven customer on this aspect

Unless he improves his wicket keeping skills he will eventually lose his spot and also deprive the nation of a potential future captain.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
as I just said in another thread, he should start doing the basics right. I've seen Rahim and he's far too chirpy, always worrying about motivating the bowlers.

if he was ready to take a catch every ball he'd improve. but he's not. part of it's the bowlers fault, they don't worry too much about getting carry through to the keeper and more than any other keeper he stands chanceless for long stretches.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I don't see too much wrong with Rahim. Hasn't made a lot of glaring errors. Can be untidy, but he's still a better keeper than the likes of Ramdin, Prior and Akmal. And he's a tidy bat too, and still very young. Best choice in Bangladesh.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
as I just said in another thread, he should start doing the basics right. I've seen Rahim and he's far too chirpy, always worrying about motivating the bowlers.

if he was ready to take a catch every ball he'd improve. but he's not. part of it's the bowlers fault, they don't worry too much about getting carry through to the keeper and more than any other keeper he stands chanceless for long stretches.

1st part is true, lol he NEVER shuts up, he annoys me some times.

2nd part, i dont know what you trying to say... :rolleyes:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Rahim is the best choice in my opinion for Bangladesh but his keeping is nowhere near the class of Khaled Mashud or even Dhiman Ghosh. He sometimes really disappoints me behind the stumps but then his batting is really impressive. He's a young aggressive batsman who can can steady and pace the innings but he's got to imrpove on his keeping a lot.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I don't see too much wrong with Rahim. Hasn't made a lot of glaring errors. Can be untidy, but he's still a better keeper than the likes of Ramdin, Prior and Akmal. And he's a tidy bat too, and still very young. Best choice in Bangladesh.

Do you actually watch cricket? There is no chance on earth that Rahim is a better keeper than Ramdin and Prior. I've not seen a huge amount of Rahim, but from what I have seen there's no way he could be rated ahead of Ramdin or Prior. I've watched every game in the recent England-West Indies series, and Ramdin's been almost flawless with the gloves. He's kept incredibly well on some tough surfaces and to some varied bowling. Some good spin and bounce from Benn and then pace and variable bounce from Edwards and Taylor, plus the mis-direction of Powell, he's been incredibly impressive.

Then we've got Prior, who gets an incredibly bum deal when people are comparing wicket-keepers. He's had 2 bad games as keeper on 2 up and down surfaces, and gets slagged off. In every match bar the one against Sri Lanka, and then the last one against West Indies he's been fantastic with the gloves. He's kept well to the spinners, and the pacemen, and definitely held his own in India as well. Prior's a far better keeper than Rahim.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Overreacting a bit? Is it so hard to say you disagree without claiming that the person you don't agree with has no idea?

Actually, Ramdin is fairly decent, scratch that. But Prior's been poor so far at Nat level, and that's all I have to go by for him. Rahim is a very nice keeper, and has performed better than Prior.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Never said you had no idea, just asked if you actually watched cricket........

Have you actually seen Prior keep in any matches bar the one in Sri Lanka and the last one in West Indies? He's been incredibly solid in every match bar those 2. Barely spilled a chance and on occassion had to keep to some shoddy bowling, especially from Amjad Khan and Steve Harmison. His first match at Test Level, he kept brilliantly to Harmison, who was spearing the ball all over the shop at 90mph. Rahim's very raw, as expected considering he's 20 years old, and could go on to be a very solid keeper, but at the minute he's nowhere near solid enough to be considered a better keeper than Prior.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I saw him in parts in the WI series. I've seen a lot of Rahim. Rahim is just naturally more agile and tidier than Prior. Prior doesn't look like a natural keeper, Rahim does. And Rahim hardly ever drops anything too. He fumbles the odd take, but I don't remember him dropping chances (that may be due to Bangla's lack of cricket though...). Rahim's a good keeper.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i have one Question to the thread starter, are you that ..(i dont wana say annoying but i cant find any better words...) annoying guy from banglacricket, who posts youtube videos with all the threads, adding one or two comments with it?

edit: i just checked...yes you are! you posted similer kind of thread over there. bro! why why! how did you find this place!:noway :mad:, in here trust me know one cares about bangladesh cricket..

robin2855

Club Cricketer
i have one Question to the thread starter, are you that ..(i dont wana say annoying but i cant find any better words...) annoying guy from banglacricket, who posts youtube videos with all the threads, adding one or two comments with it?

edit: i just checked...yes you are! you posted similer kind of thread over there. bro! why why! how did you find this place!:noway :mad:, in here trust me know one cares about bangladesh cricket..

I find your comments interesting.

Here?s my take :

Your first comment :? annoying guy from banglacricket, who posts youtube videos with all the threads, adding one or two comments with it? ? is out of context. What has that to do with this thread here? It is also against forum rules which states:

6) Relevance: Posts in a particular forum must remain relevant. As far as possible, please try and stick to the initial intent of a topic.

edit: i just checked...yes you are! you posted similar kind of thread over there. bro! why why! ? Again out of context We are talking about thread within Planet Forum context .

? in here trust me know one cares about bangladesh cricket? ? I disagree with you.

If nobody cared about Bangladesh cricket their would not have been any inputs from two threads that I have opened related to Bangladesh cricket.

The other big example is thread opened by Khalek : Razzak's bowling action to be reviewed for the 2nd time! The thread has 35 responses and 1,242 views so far. If their were no interest form reader?s about Bangla Cricket their would not have been that many number of replies and views .

Never mind. I still like you (LOL!)

Cheers!

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
as you can see those little "inputs" are from the Bangladeshi posters, and we are gona post it, because its our team, but other then that no 1 cares. if you havnt noticed non-bengali posters arnt even discussing about bangladesh keeping problems :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread