Bangladesh

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Discussion thread for Bangladesh's 2011 World Cup campaign.

Preliminary Squad: Shakib Al Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Roqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Shahriar Nafees, Jahirul Islam, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain, Mahbubul Alam, Dolar Mahmud, Shabbir Rahman, Alok Kapali.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Batsmen: Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Roqibul Hassan, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees

WK: Jahirul Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim

all-rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Naeem Islam

Bowlers: Rubel Hossain, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Mortaza, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak

maybe. shuvo might miss out for a batsman seeing as shakib and mahmadullah are practically front-line spinners too despite their all-rounder status, or even another quick. Kayes and shadhat have a chance. They really lack a big player in the top order, if ashraful had developed then they'd be a well balanced team.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I will have these -

T Iqbal
S Nafees
M Ashraful
R Hasan
A Kapali
S Al Hasan
M Rahim
M Mortaza
A Razzak
S Hossain
S Islam

Others -

J Siddique
J Islam
R Hossain
Mahmudullah

Would love to see Kapali there. He has the experience and is a good all-round option. And, Siddique/Nafees to partner Tamim for the opening slot. Better than Kayes. Have a good team this, I'd love to see them deliver and do it big.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Zx or User or Stinky deserves to open this.

Mortaza is injured. And he is trying to rush back in before the WC. Not good.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Mortaza is out. He has "no chances" says Michael Henry, the physio.

It's for the best. His service will be missed big time. He was so good in last WC.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
where I think he's really missed these days is as a finisher. Not a real, half-century scoring one, but he was good for 20 or so runs off 15 balls at the end.

I think the quick bowlers bangladesh have will be ok without him, better if he was there but rubel, nazmul and shafiul can cope, none of them add runs at the end though.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Not to mention how many times he saved us from follow-on in Test matches.

If Ashraful gets picked, he should just bat during slog overs, bat low. Ever since Jamie Siddions took over, their slogging ability disappeared. He changed our batting culture. And we don't have one single decent hitter in the team. But that's good because, they stopped with Pakistani Afiridi style batting. So, now we need someone from the old days, who JS failed to influence. And that would be Ashthefool.

(JS tired to change Tamim too, but good thing that Tamim was being a stubborn)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I don't think Ashraful should bat low if he's in the XI which he will be. Number 3/4 is a good place for him and I would like to have faith in him to perform this time round. I've a feeling he will do good this WC. Hopefully, he will.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I want Shahriar Nafees instead of Imrul Kayes in the starting XI. Kayes is awful.
My 15-man squad would be:
Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Junaid Siddiqui
Raqibul Hasan
Jahurul Islam
Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Mahmudullah
Naeem Islam
Abdur Razzak
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain
Shahadat Hossain

This squad looks good for a few upsets

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
He avged 35+ last year. Ya, like he will be dropped. I wanted him go too. But with him our opening stand has been little more compact. There weren't that many early breakthroughs.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Final 15: Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Junaid Siddique, Roqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Shahriar Nafees, Jahirul Islam

Kayes and Shahadat might come in. J. Islam, Shaiful and Nafees could miss out. Dhiman Ghosh could come as second keeper over J.Islam too. Wouldn't be certain about Nazmul either.

I wouldn't pick Ash, but the selectors most likely will. They'll be hoping he pulls off one of those once-in-a-blue-moon match winnings innings and help them win a game against a big nation.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Good side that even if Mortaza is not there. Spinners will play a vital role and Bangladesh have plenty of them. Happy with Nafees being there. I hope they open with him and Tamim, lethal pair that would be. Kapali could have been included there. I like him as a player.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Kapali hasn't done much in DOM. While Nafees did well to earn a recall. Kapali also ignored some of the calls from BD-A trainings and tours/series. So he doesn't really deserve to be in there. Neither does that Fool. But it's The Fool. I'd love to pick inform Kapali in place of Naeem/Riyad/Shuvo/Ash (all of them being ████ with the bat atm). So if he starts performing, he can easily make the team. Plus he is our only leggie alr. He has everything going for him

Many expected Shabbir Rahman, an U-19 Leggie ALR to make the squad. I'd have gone for at least one U-19 players. I mean we can afford to, and seeing how Shakib, Tamim and Rahim went last time around...

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I know Ashraful hasn't really delivered but he has the potential. I just feel WC is the time that he steps up.

Users who are viewing this thread