Bangladesh

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
they've gone with the side everyone was posting except it kayes for jahurul. pretty acceptable swap really, imrul can keep, so can jahurul, i doubt either are there as anything than a back up keeper that can strengthen the batting if needed.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
No backup keeper. Much like India - they have the luxury of flying one out if the frontline keeper gets injured, and Rahim isn't likely to be dropped for form issues anytime soon, like MSD.

Nazmul, Rubel and Shaiful the pace attack. No room for a 4th quick, and Mortaza hasn't been cleared on fitness grounds. Bold move.

Ashraful gets the nod, as expected and dreaded. Hopefully, hopefully he'll click. Against all odds. Please.

Naeem and Raqibul should feature in the XI as Shakib is skipper, which is a good thing. Shuvo and Razzaq, along with Shakib, form the potent 3-pronged left-arm finger spin attack that could be vital if BD want to do well this WC. Mahmadullah for support, Naeem too.

Batting heavy squad with Nafees, Kayes AND Siddique in the squad. It'll be interesting to see if all 3 would fit in the playing XI.

My stab at the XI to face India:

Tamim
Siddique/Kayes
Ashraful
Raqibul
Shakib (*)
Rahim (+)
Naeem
Shuvo
Razzaq
Shaiful
Rubel

Heavy on the spin, Shaiful and Rubel the new ball bowlers. Ashraful at 3, Mahmadullah and one of Siddique/Kayes misses out. Batting order could vary, Raqibul might slot in at 3 and Ash lower down.

I would like Mahmadullah in there, but Ash won't be dropped, and dropping one of Siddique/Kayes would weaken the top order since a make-shift opener (Ash? Raqibul?) would be needed.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Kayes will start with Tamim no matter what. It's because he was the leading run soccer for B'Desh last year, and he will not be dropped even though he is very slow.

I wouldn't play Ashraful at 3. I want him at 6 after Shakib. That's where he has performed the most (those handful inn.), low down the order, finishing innings. He is one confused kid at the top, he just loses his "game".

I trust Siddique at 3. He earned that spot imo. But if Raqibul bats at 4 then that becomes a problem, as they are both very slow, we don't need two anchor in the middle overs. That puts all the pressure on #5 and down to attack with only few overs in hand. So I'd play Rahim at 4. Shakib at 5, Ash at 6, Riyad/Naeem at 7, Shuvo 8, Razzak, Shafiul and Rubel

Unless Shahriar Nafees opens with Tamim or bats in place of Siddique at 3, no room for Raqibul Hasan.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Raqibul isn't slow. He builds an innings well, can accelerate. Siddique and Kayes are limited, not used to hitting out.

I wouldn't drop Raqibul tbh, quite a good fielder too, and Shakib is a fan of him as well.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
But where would you bat him? I want Rahim at 4!! He is a waste at the bottom.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lot of top order batting.

Raqibul at 3, Rahim at 4, Shakib at 5, Naeem at 6, Ash at 7?

Problem is, Siddons probably wouldn't do that. He seems to like fitting players in 'roles'. Batsmen bat at the top, allrounders and keepers lower down.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Jamie Siddions is one "fixed" minded guy. He never changes the order, even if the situation requires it to.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Look, Ashraful will bat at 3 or 4 probably. And, I'm sure he will do no good at 7. I'm pretty confident of Bangladesh getting at least in the semis.

akshay12

Club Cricketer
I think the line up should be:

Iqbal
Kayes
Siddique
Mushfiqur(wk)
Raqibul
Shakib(c)
Mahmudullah
Naeem
Suhrawadi/Abdur Razzaq
Shafiul
Rubel

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Tamim 2007 (T20 WC) and 2011

Shakib is still pretty skinny and Rahim is still pretty short. And Ashraful sucks a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread