Batting or bowling?

What is your favourite part of a cricket game?

• Total voters
D

Dutch

Luckily you didn't manage to get me though.

We didnt think you were really useful in the end. Just like in the second Iraq war. The minister of information was captured but they just let him go because he didnt have anything really significant to say :)

I remember him doing a report in the streets of Bagdad saying there was no fighting going on and the coalition forces had been pushed back. In the background an American tank trundled leisurly by....

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I remember him doing a report in the streets of Bagdad saying there was no fighting going on and the coalition forces had been pushed back. In the background an American tank trundled leisurly by....

:lol I remember that guy he was hilarious

manee

Chairman of Selectors
My longer post is in the 'wishlist' thread. I prefer batting. However, I think if they return to the bowling system of BLIC 2005, with the addition of some tweaks I have suggested, then bowling will become just as fun. Also, get rid of the catching system...especially for the slips and keeper.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
. Also, get rid of the catching system...especially for the slips and keeper.

Funny that as I found it fun and challenging (and close to real time in some circumstances) trying to catch the ball

Where is the fun in fielding if 'you' are not catching the ball or trying to run people out (you as in you the human directly impacting the game)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Funny that as I found it fun and challenging (and close to real time in some circumstances) trying to catch the ball

Where is the fun in fielding if 'you' are not catching the ball or trying to run people out (you as in you the human directly impacting the game)

The selecting ends is fine. Catches in front of the wicket or on the boundary are fun too. The slip catching and wicket keeper catching is just silly though. I'd rather have nothing to do with slip catches than have the camera angle rotate ridiculously and the ball loop up into the air. I think its a key part of cricket to see the edge in real time. Check out some of the caught behind the wicket dismissals here...

Glenn McGrath Dismissing Brian Lara - YouTube

spooony

Club Captain
Batting! After you finished all the challenges you can get skill points much more quicker with batting. Also sitting and pressing a button and again for 30 overs made me fell asleep a couple of time and I am not joking really happened. But its fun chasing 600 odd in 20 overs watching that run rate come down all the way to easy 6 a over

D

Dutch

Love bowling in cricket matches. Love trying to contain the runrate or get wickets. Have bowled every single ball of a whole test match series. Love looking at the stats of the bowlers and comparing economy rates etcetera. Thankfully I enjoy full-on leather clad fetish tupperware parties as well.......

spooony

Club Captain
We didnt think you were really useful in the end. Just like in the second Iraq war. The minister of information was captured but they just let him go because he didnt have anything really significant to say :)

The bad news is that the Iranians have the bomb; the good news is that they're going to have to drop it from the back of a camel

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A bowler here. To me batting is more of a challenge about how long can I hold myself from slogging every ball. Where in, bowling is a complete pleasure. More often than not, when I ball, I try to have a plan, set fields accordingly and wait for magic to happen. :D

I can certainly do with some more love given to bowling mechanism during development. :)

anveshs

Club Cricketer
Love bowling in cricket matches. Love trying to contain the runrate or get wickets. Have bowled every single ball of a whole test match series. Love looking at the stats of the bowlers and comparing economy rates etcetera. Thankfully I enjoy full-on leather clad fetish tupperware parties as well.......

Same here,Batting was never my strong aspect in Ashes 2009 but still won many of my online matches,and yes,I enjoyed it too:D..Just expect it to get way better for the next game.Building from scratch:yes sounds interesting:clap and wish it is true:rolleyes....

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Bowling is my favourite and bring back the bowling of brian lara 05. Swing assigned to the trigger buttons again much more interesting.

Cabinet96

School Cricketer
Definitely bowling for me. In all formats.

I think the most annoying thing for me when batting is the fact that I have 11 batsmen who I feel all need to "get set" before I attack.

I can usually get a solid slow scoring opening partnership OK, but when they get out I find it hard to get the motivation to start again with the number 3 and 4 batsmen, so I end up attacking too much with them.

When I bat in real life, I'm very cautious, simply because I know if I get out I won't get to bat again for another week. In games you know that even if you lose loads of early wickets, you can still do well, so it makes it that much harder for me to try and prize my wicket.

Which is a real shame because that's something I love doing in real life. Also, don't get me wrong, I can do it. I just find it can be a tad tedious and testing of my patience.

Users who are viewing this thread