Batting problem - shots not working

petesnook

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi. I've played with 2004 (PC version) a bit, and decided to give 2005 a go as they're so cheap now! Really enjoying it so far, apart from a problem I'm having with the batting (I've searched the forums but haven't found anything on this - apologies if it's been covered before).

I'm using the same approach to batting that I used in 2004, i.e. hold the direction arrow(s), then hit the shot button (S or W) to play the shot. This works fine for most shots apart from the following...

- down/left + S (cover-drive for RH, on-drive for LH). The same shot from the back foot (W) works fine!

- down/right + S or W (cover-drive & back-foot-cover-drive for RH, on-drive & back-foot-drive for LH)

- up/right + W. (hook for RH, back foot steer for LH). The same shot from the front foot (S) works fine!

I've tried on 'Medium' and 'Hard' difficulties, in the nets and in matches, but get the same results. I didn't have this problem with 2004.

Am I missing something?

petesnook

School Cricketer
Seems to be a problem with Win7 - I just tried the game on an old laptop running XP, and don't have any problems at all...all shots are playable. I went back and tried WinXP compatability under Win7, but still have the problems. At least I can play it on the WinXP machine I guess (although the graphics card is pretty rubbish).
Has anyone else experienced this problem under Win7?

D

Dutch

You might need to open the game under the run as adminstrator heading. Dont know if you have already tried that but it might be worth a go. Can't think of anything else at the mo....

petesnook

School Cricketer
Thanks for the reply. I tried setting it to 'run as administrator', but there is no difference. It seems really weird that it's just a few shots which don't work. At least I can play it on the old laptop, but would have been nice to be able to play it on the new one...graphics look much better.

D

Dutch

Some people are experiencing problems if they run the game off the battery insted of with the plug in.....

petesnook

School Cricketer
Thanks for the reply again. I always have the power lead plugged in when I start the laptop, and when I'm playing the game.

I've been looking through the forums, found someone who had the same problem back in 2005, but no solution was posted, so I don't know if he got it working.

I know you can't change the controls in-game, but is there any kind of editor that would let me look at what the controls are set to? Can't think of any reason why some shots should work, and not others!

PS...hope Holland do well tonight :)

D

Dutch

Thanks for the reply again. I always have the power lead plugged in when I start the laptop, and when I'm playing the game.

I've been looking through the forums, found someone who had the same problem back in 2005, but no solution was posted, so I don't know if he got it working.

I know you can't change the controls in-game, but is there any kind of editor that would let me look at what the controls are set to? Can't think of any reason why some shots should work, and not others!

PS...hope Holland do well tonight :)

Having thought about it I would try playing without the lead plugged in...people were experiencing problems when they had the lead in. I thought that there was a configuration to change the buttons etcetera but you should be able to do that in the menu I thought.....

Have you discovered the download center yet?

http://www.planetcricket.org/games/downloads/category.php?id=4

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread