• join AC Milan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • join Barcelona

• join Juventus

• stay at Man United

• disappear off the face of the earth so we never have to see him again!

• Total voters
J

jonah

I agree with you Ste that Gerrard should be captain (he's finally starting to fulfill the promise he showed 3 years ago at international level).
Having said that, I think that giving the captaincy to Beckham seemed to inspire him (Beckham, not Gerrard).

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by jonah@Jun 13 2003, 10:12 AM
I agree with you Ste that Gerrard should be captain (he's finally starting to fulfill the promise he showed 3 years ago at international level).
Having said that, I think that giving the captaincy to Beckham seemed to inspire him (Beckham, not Gerrard).
Yes but at least on Wednesday we saw a dignified captain..someone who didnt over celebrate when scoring two goals, wasnt a total poser getting in every celebration picture and who didnt spend as much time doing his hair at half time than listening to Sven.

Owen is famous in Asia and allthough not as popular as Beckham, he has'nt gone for publicity 24/7 and personal promotional tours but has become well known through his football and his goal scoring.

S

sonic

Originally posted by Ste@Jun 13 2003, 10:02 AM
w/ Owen as vice-captain (up front with Heskey).
Ste, don't make me laugh, Heskey can't hit a barn door let alone a goal...Its weird, the only people who appreciate Heskey is Liverpool fans, so I guess you're one of those :D ....Heskey is just a laughing stock, he is a bag of nerves, I don't what his problem is, but apparently rumour has it that he needs a kiss and a cuddle before every match just to get on the pitch cos he's so scared to play...and you think he deserves and England shirt?!...remind me again please of his goal scoring record for Liverpool & England.... :lol:

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Upson needs more practice with his head but I think he's been brill since he joined Birmingham.The next captain should either be John Terry,Gareth Southgate,or Micheal Owen cos of his good record.

Users who are viewing this thread