Best cricket game?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9102

Hi guys,

I've been out of the loop when it comes to cricket games for a little while - my interest in cricket has been intermittent since I've stopped playing since coming to uni (and with no cricket on terrestrial TV in the UK, I haven't been able to see much of it either).

The recent Ashes series though has revived my interest in the sport and I'm looking to play a decent cricket game which has reasonable AI for test matches (tried playing Ashes 09 on my 360... the AI slogs everything and gets out for sub 200 every time...).

I remember Cricket 2004 being fairly good with AI patches - I may give that another go tomorrow (provided the DL links for patches are still available on here).

I just gave the trial of International Cricket Captain 2013 a go, and it does have the best match engine for simulating scorelines, but the lack of progress in the UI and interaction since the last version I bought over 5 years ago is appalling - they're basically just updating the rosters and selling it as a new game each year so on principle I'm reluctant to endorse that with a purchase...

What do you guys play/suggest?

Don Bradman Cricket 14 looks rather tasty from the info I've read on here, will be keeping my eye on that one!

P.S. - Wasn't sure where to put this, didn't see a section for general cricket games, mods feel free to move this if necessary.

Edit - Just checked the forum index again and noticed the relevant section I should have posted this to, doh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread