Best Cricket Match you Remember

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As an Indian fan

ODIs- nothing and I mean absolutely nothing beats this match 1996 Quarter Final against Pak. 2003 WC match is also a close second

Test - Australia in India 2001 and The Chennai Test 2008
1987 Tied match against Australia

As a Neutral Fan

Odis - 1999 WC SF

Tests - Ashes 2005

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
Mine is ....England vs Australia at Birimgham in 2005
Australia vs South Africa ODI, South Africa chase over 400

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
For India: Twenty/20 Final against Pakistan. The only Indian championship I know. (Yes, we have the champions trophy, but it is a joint trophy). Unfortunately, I wasn't old enough to remember the 83 world cup. :(

Neutrally: Australia vs. South Africa 5th ODI when both teams scored over 400 runs and SA won it in a thriller.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
England v India 2007, Broady and Bopara's 99 run partnership.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
South Africans chasing record score in ODIs and Test against Australia.
Final of twenty20 World Cup
Mumbai v Kolkata and Mumbai v Chennai some superb entertainment at the DY Patil.(IPL Matches)
India v England 2008, 1st test Sachin and Sehwag innings.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
ODI

Sharjah matches - semis(it was like semis to us, where sachin alone helped in making the team to qualify for finals), and the finals where Sachin again, played his b'day knock.

I can never forget these two matches forever.. The way Sachin made Steve Waugh and his team clueless, was THE BEST in the matches I have seen for me. :happy

Tests

NZ vs England test where Astle got his fastest 200.. Wow, I jumped with excitement each and every ball Astle smashed those bowlers outside the ground.. Though Kiwis lost in that match, Astle provided a 200% entertainment and made Nasser Hussain tensed in last moment as they neared the target in the end. If Astle had not got out that time(last wicket i.e 10th), Cairns and Astle would have won it for Kiwis. :)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The Natwest final, 2002.

And the 2003 WC vs Pakistan. What a knock from the Little Master.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Ashes '05 Edgebaston.
World T20 Semi: India Vs Australia
World T20 Final: India Vs Pakistan

Tanmay

Club Captain
The best match for me

ODI:
Aus vs SA WC 1999 Semi final.One heck of a match.
ICC Champions Trophy 2004 Final between WI and Eng.

Test
Aus vs Ind Sydney Test 2008
Aus vs Ind (Dunno which year but the match in which Laxman hit 284,brilliant innings.)

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Test Match

India vs Australia (Eden Gardens) 2001 - Cant get a better game possibly. Even in the wildest dreams, didnt think India would win following-on and that Laxman would score such a huge monumental innings. And Harbhajan spun a web around the Aussies that they found it very tough to break out of (BHAJJI LOVES AUSSIES!)

ODI Match

India vs Pakistan (Independence Cup) 1998 - Hrishikesh Kanitkar hitting a four to win that cup for India. First game where I was so patriotic that I cried when India won because at that time, the hatred for Pakistan was at its peak. We all loved hating Pakistan and we suffered a lot emotionally when India lost to Pakistan.

T20 Match

India vs Pakistan (The Bowl-out match) 2007 - What a pulsating last ball and cant forget Bhajji's exhilarating joyous run after we got that run out of Misbah! Till 2 balls before that ball (when Misbah hit a straight four), I thought we were dead and buried. But 2 balls changed the game (put pressure on Misbah to score a run) and HE FAILED!

saisrini80 added 7 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

The Natwest final, 2002.

And the 2003 WC vs Pakistan. What a knock from the Little Master.

Oh yeah, forgot that Natwest game. Comes very very very close to being the best game ever. At that time, chasing down 325 runs was huge and after 146-5, no one believed India could chase down that score. In fact, Kaif's parents had given up the game inspite of Kaif still being there at the crease and went to watch the bollywood film "Devdas" in the theatre only to get the news in the middle that their son took India to an unlikely victory.

Last edited:

rocklara

International Coach
My favourite will forever be West Indies vs Australia 1999 in Bridgetown B'dos, 3rd test match...

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yeah, I remember when Sachin got out playing a stupid shot against Giles. He shuffled to leg and tried to play a cut shot, but it stayed low and he was bowled. I was on vacation in India then, and was just 8 years old. When Sachin got out I started crying, there was no way we'd win with two noobies in Yuvraj and Kaif out there :p. But my grandpa told me to have faith, and slowly but surely a partnership was built. Yuvraj got out and it was the slowest walk back ever. This was when I used to actually like the guy, it was heart wrenching to see him go back to the stadium in disdraught as the tail was exposed, with a lot of runs to go yet.

Enter Kaif, he launched it to all parts of the ground. And then that last ball, Zaheer and Kaif scramble two, Ganguly's shirt-waving response, Nasser Hussain's comment of 'The Indians just keep popping at you' or something like that - India's greatest win ever!

It was around 1 o'clock when the last ball was bowled, and there was the whole family, grandparents and all, around the television - and when zaheer got the runs we all screamed as loud as can be, it was just so exciting. All our neighbors had turned off their TVs long before, and when they were woken up by our reaction we had many phone calls asking us to explain how in the world we won. :D

Last edited:

Synaesthesia

School Cricketer
1999 W/C Semi-final between SA and Australia!

The game had it all, SA were well set when Shane Warne just came on and completely turned the game around...

It was just excitement all the way. And then the way it ended...:crying

Users who are viewing this thread