Best delivery you have seen being bowled

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well i dont know if this has been discussed about before but i would love to see people's memory of best wicket taking bowl they have seen been bowled.
My favorite was Wasim Akram' deliver to rahul dravid in a test match in India in 1999-2000. The bowl pitched outside leg stump, Dravid (batsman with best defensive techinque in the modern era) tried to defend it on front foot. The bowl reverse swung and left dravid, I heard a nick and moin khan caught it. I though he nicked but ball had clipped the offstump bail on the way. That was an exhilirating moment for me.
Dravid after his marriage said in an interview that even during his honey moon he was haunted by that ball.
Please post your favorite deliveries.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Any delivery that really touched your cricketing heart that was bowled at international level live or general.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Wasim Akram to Robert Croft is easily the best delivery I have seen.
It will be lovely if you could add a little bit of details just to spice things up a bit. Just scan your memory bank and please write a few details if you remember thanx.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Wasim went around the wicket to the right hander croft and delivered the ball wide of the crease. When the ball left his hand it looked like it was going to go way down leg but the ball started to reverse and it ended up hitting Croft dead in front of middle stump. Wasim didn't only confuse the batsman he confused the umpire too who didn't give the batsman out.
Probably the best example of what Wasim could do with a cricket ball.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
There are hell loads of favourites for me. Hell of 'em. But one of my favourite wicket stands out to be The Acclaimed "Ball Of The Century" from Shane Warne in 1994, i guess. The ball started on a straight line, drifted immediately, pitched outside leg-stump far away and spun like hell, and got the batsman bamboozled and everyone else when it hit the off-middle stump. What a beauty!

naresh091

International Cricketer
Mine would be Waqar's yorker from over the wicket to some lefty i dont remember(maybe Lara).The batsmen lost his balance and fell down,while the ball crashed onto the stumps.
I would also tell the banana swinging delivery from Irfan Pathan which got Mohammad Yusuf out bowled,in his hattrick.
Click here to watch that Waqar's yorker delivery.

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Mine would be Waqar's yorker from over the wicket to some lefty i dont remember(maybe Lara).The batsmen lost his balance and fell down,while the ball crashed onto the stumps.

That was definitely Lara and it was in test match in Lahore. Lara just could not manage the swing and fell over. I remember watching the ball live on TV

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Apart from the obvious Warne and Akram, my favourite delivery would be Shaun Tait to Geraint Jones in the 2005 Ashes. Just seeing the wicket cartwheel was sensational.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When Brian Lara got out by a girl :p Great stuff.

Don't know if it's still on youtube though.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Irfan Pathan's Yorker to Adam Gilchrist in his debut series in Aus2003. The ball started a foot outside offstump and appeared to be a fulltoss initially,Thats why gilly went for a shot, but it reverses and came back in sharply and dipped late to hit the leg stump of gilchrist. I had never seen anything like that before by any bowler except Wasim Akram. Commentators said that even wasim akram would be proud of that delivery.I sadly cant find that video on youtube, if anyone of you can find it then please post it here, i really want that one.

max_dillon2007 added 20 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

This might not be the best delivery but still a great moment.
2004 Multan test against Pakistan. 3rd day last over last ball.
Moin khan had played a gritty inning to save pakistan and then genius came to bowl last over of the day. Moin khan played out the 5 balls. Now last delivery was a very flighted google which moin didnt picked. The ball drifted in the air towards middle stump and then turned towards leg stump and goes between the bad and pad of the moin khan. It look really funny if if you watch a video of this on youtube, the way moin played that ball. Absolutely hilarrious.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
For me actually seeing it live not a replay its either Simon Jones' reverse swinger to Clarke in the Ashes or is Dale Steyn's wicket of Michael Vaughn in 2004, i think 2004 anyway where it appeared to be going down legside but swung and clipped top of off.

Users who are viewing this thread