Best freeware multiple email notifier

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm looking for an easy way to be notified of mail to any of my accounts - right now I'm trying out Chrome, so that's my preference for now, but addons that work with Firefox are welcome as well.

One other thing: how secure are these things? When I try to install an email notifier in Chrome, it gives me a message that the app. has access to browsing history and all data on all websites - I'm a bit wary when I see messages like that.

I tried forwarding my mail to Windows Live, but that has the side effect of no longer showing the messages in my Yahoo mail - as well as that, I've had people telling me that their mail bounced back from my inbox - there are only 47 emails in there, so that shouldn't happen; it only happened since I forwarded to Windows Live. What I need is a simple, unobtrusive visual and audio notifier that lets me know when I have mail. I used to have something like that with AVG toolbar (I still do on XP) - but it seems that when I reinstalled AVG just to get at the toolbar, it no longer supports multiple accounts.

I've heard a lot about something called 'PopPeeper' - how secure is that? After all, you have to enter your password and everything when using such apps. Why doesn't Yahoo come with this as standard??

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
My mistake - it was the Zone Alarm firewall. Now I've reinstalled that, it's working fine; the only downer is there doesn't seem to be an email notification on the desktop, but it doesn't really matter as it notifies you as soon as you open the browser. Oh, and it doesn't seem to want to work with Chrome either of course. ;)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Why don't you try using Outlook or Thunderbird. You will get the mail notifier in taskbar.

Also you can edit settings to leave the message on the server so that it does not get deleted from your mail inbox when its downloaded to mail client.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Why don't you try using Outlook or Thunderbird. You will get the mail notifier in taskbar.

Also you can edit settings to leave the message on the server so that it does not get deleted from your mail inbox when its downloaded to mail client.

Yep, I tried forwarding my Yahoo messages to Outlook (Windows Mail?) then I got a text from my guitar teacher that his email to me had bounced back. My mail box is nowhere near full, so I deduced that somehow the forwarding had caused that to happen, so I disabled it and it's fine again.

I'm OK with Zone Alarm's notifier (now I've found it again) - I go online everyday, so there's no chance of missing my mail. Thanks for your help guys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread