best second team player

tomjawilkins

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i was just wondering what the best second team platers are batsmen/bowlers/keepers/allrounds in and version of icc the best ive found is in icc 2002 i had a batsman averaging 93

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
I once found an allrounder who averaged 139 2nd team, was an OK bowler about 26 second team IIRC. He didn't turn out that good averaged late 50's in FC.

jacobfelix

International Coach
I am currently in my 2045 season as Surrey in ICC2006. When I went into my this season, I had a look at the other teams and found that Notts had drafted in a 22 year old youth Charles Ewing with a batting average of 92. :eek:

So during my this season, I kept a close eye on him :D and in just nine FC games he amassed 900+. :rolleyes Result - Got a call to play for England against Aussies and in his debut test itself got a hundred. :rolleyes

6ry4nj

International Coach
The first regen I ever got in ICC (Worcs save in ICC09) had a seconds batting average of 81.71 (from memory). He had two doubles in recent innings, so that if you took his average over the first six or seven innings on his form screen, (see attached) it was something like 149.

Attachments

• 1stmidyrregen.JPG
    1stmidyrregen.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 40

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
In ICC2011 I acquired a regen who had a 2nd team average of 70 after 18 matches. I let him play a lot more second team games and his career 2nd team average ballooned up to over 90 before he received a regular first XI place. This was with aggressive technique training yet he still did not change to aggressive:spy

kunal25184

Club Cricketer
I got this player from youth selection that happens every year. I kept a budget of max 50000 for this.

He played extremely well in that season for me.

But immediately in the next season contracts, he demanded 79000 which is something I saw for the first time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jacobfelix

International Coach
So the best thing you can do is, if you get a youth player with a real solid average, then give him a contract of 2-3 years. So, for that small amount you can have him for 3 years & thus save money for remaining players.

However, danger is, if he's real crap, then you have to unneccessarily keep him for 3 years ( or kick him out by paying him half salary :p)

kunal25184

Club Cricketer
So the best thing you can do is, if you get a youth player with a real solid average, then give him a contract of 2-3 years. So, for that small amount you can have him for 3 years & thus save money for remaining players.

However, danger is, if he's real crap, then you have to unneccessarily keep him for 3 years ( or kick him out by paying him half salary :p)

I agree with you said and I am doing the same thing......but its like when you get players while current season is going on, in between, then if you want to continue with them, you need to sign a contract for next season.

In that case, he demanded an amount which was unaffordable for me... :noway

Ahmad Mobeen

School Cricketer
I have a 22 year old in ICC 2005 Ashes... He averages 100.83 in 33 2nd team. When he played FC he wasn't that good though... averaging 31 in 8 innings.. :(

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
I once found an allrounder who averaged 139 2nd team, was an OK bowler about 26 second team IIRC. He didn't turn out that good averaged late 50's in FC.
What do you know turns out I found a screenshot in an ancient folder of my champion ICC2002 online team's 2nd team averages, not to mention a copy of the saved game :)

czaaf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread