Blake's Project - Under Construction

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for the feedback.. not sure how the 38 all out happened, everybody batted dreadfully it seemed!

I might start recording averages for each player now and see how it goes. I haven't checked if there's a problem with the lower order scoring more runs than the top order yet but that may be the case.. I'll try and look now.

blake added 10 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Change of plan, I'll do some match summaries and post them here.

Game 1: 8/132
Australia lost Hughes early as he was dismissed in the first over for 1, and Katich followed him back soon after for a run a ball 16. In the fifth over there were further problems after Ponting and Hussey were bowled in consecutive deliveries - the score after five overs was 4/31. North and Clarke put on a small partnership for five overs before North went for 12 - now Australia were in big trouble, at 5/62 after 10 overs. The mayhem continued with Flintoff on fire, as he picked up the wickets of Clarke, Johnson and Hauritz all in the space of 6 balls. With the Aussies now 8/65, they had to bat very carefully - however it was the middle-order punisher in Haddin who did the job alongside Siddle. They pushed the total to 8/93 after 15 overs, and then finished off by hitting 39 runs from the last 5 overs.

(I'm not having the bowler's name in the scorecard for now, the only bowler is Flintoff - I haven't got around to that yet.)

Scorecard
P Hughes 1 (2)
S Katich 16 (16)
R Ponting 10 (6)
M Hussey 0 (1)
M North 12 (8)
M Clarke 23 (30)
B Haddin 38* (25)
M Johnson 0 (2)
N Hauritz 2 (3)
P Siddle 30* (27)

EDIT: I've done a few more simulated games and I think my algorithm is too strong for when the batting team loses early wickets - the lower order bats far too well. Haddin consistently hits big scores for me whilst there is normally someone who stands up as well once they get their eye in - normally it's Mitch Johnson.

blake added 4 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

EDIT 2: Have adjusted it and it looks to be working well. Occasionally I get a few scores like 2/170 but they are very rare.

blake added 15 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

EDIT 3: Some problems now with the top order going berserk.

I lol'd at this.

Situation: 15.2 Overs, Australia 2/133, Run Rate: 8.67

Michael Clarke 33* (26) deliveries

Watch what happens from here.

15.3 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
15.4 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
15.5 Flintoff to Clarke, FOUR runs
15.6 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs

Overs: 16
Score: 2/155 (RR 9.69)
Michael Clarke 55* (30)

Batsmen aren't swapping at end of over yet, forgot to implement that
16.1 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
16.2 Flintoff to Clarke, FOUR runs
16.3 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
16.4 Flintoff to Clarke, FOUR runs
16.5 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
16.6 Flintoff to Clarke, FOUR runs

So, Flintoff whacked for 30 runs from that over.. from a seemingly innocent Michael Clarke, who was on just 33 from 26 at the start of his RAGE.

Overs: 17
Score: 2/185 (RR 10.88)
Michael Clarke 85* (36) - has hit 52 from 10 deliveries since rage.

17.1 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
17.2 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
17.3 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs

Michael Clarke 103* (39)

17.4 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
17.5 Flintoff to Clarke, Two runs
17.6 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs

Overs: 18
Score: 2/217 (RR 12.06)
Michael Clarke 117* (42) - has hit 84 off last 16

18.1 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
18.2 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
18.3 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
18.4 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
18.5 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
18.6 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs

Michael Clarke 153* (48)

Overs: 19
Score: 2/253 (RR 13.32)
Michael Clarke 153* (48)

19.1 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
19.2 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
19.3 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
19.4 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
19.5 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs
19.6 Flintoff to Clarke, SIX runs

Overs: 20
Score: 2/289 (RR 14.45)
Ricky Ponting 69* (38)
Michael Clarke 189* (54)

So, he hit 156 runs from 28 deliveries from a seemingly random moment. That's an average of 5.57 runs a delivery.

I can fix this though, the problem I think is that his confidence got way too high which made it almost impossible to get him out. I will just lower maximum confidence, and increase the risk of getting out when he is going for the slog in the last few overs.

blake added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

EDIT 4: Haven't yet solved the problem. Despite lowering max confidence and increasing risk, Michael Clarke still managed to hit 223* from 64 deliveries as Australia posted 3/298. He hit Flintoff for 15 consecutive sixes. :D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
You still playing around with this? It's starting to come along nicely and I think it would be worth continueing. I was thinking of having a play around with Visualbasic.NET but it all seems far to complex for me :p

blake

School Cricketer
Whatever you do FB, make sure not to look at code written by experts - I mean, don't go browsing through forums looking at massive code. It makes me scared to death when I see the ridiculous things and understand none of it.. I like looking at easy tutorials, it makes me think I can actually do it. :)

I am sort of confused on how to transfer variables between forms though so my scorecard is failing. I also tried to make an improved gameplay engine for my game, which caused it to become terrible and now all the scores are like 4/120. I really need to think it over.

In the meantime, I'm making a text RPG in C++ which is quite fun and easy. Might release it here if I ever finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread