Blake's Project - Under Construction

ravi varma

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Try to program in C# its very easy to use

ravi_Verma added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

If u complete this project is this will be a simulators or it will work on COMMAND
or u will try to make it with graphics

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, I guess so. He has retired now anyway. How will the squads look like?

You will be able to enter your own squads and averages I guess.. It is a Cricket Simulator. He is just in an early stage where he is trying to get a bowler to bowl to a batsman and get a result..

blake

School Cricketer
I don't actually plan on developing this into anything serious.. I just wanted to try it out as an early project to get a better knowledge of C++.

I still suck.

Anyway, I tried implementing aggression.. and in theory, the formulas should work right, but I get all sorts of strange error messages when I try to run it - something about the left operand being type double when I want to try and divide variables...

Maybe will resume work on this later.

blake

School Cricketer
Cheers Storer. Perhaps one day I will turn this into something good. :p

Once I learn more about basic mathematical calculations.. and arrays, and formulas and whatnot I will continue this - perhaps will try and create a GUI for it too. That will be a long way away, though. :D

blake

School Cricketer
Have switched to Visual Basic.NET. Since I'm still a beginner I feel it is easier to do this for now so the frameworks are already set up for me. I also reasoned that my cricket project isn't going to be a massive file so it will generally be a lot faster and easier to do it in VB.NET.

Still learning VB.NET but I feel I have enough information now to complete what I already made on the C++ side.

blake

School Cricketer
Good news. I have successfully done the changeover of languages and my sim is looking better than ever. It is 5x better than the C++ version and I'm really happy with it.

You can now simulate the innings in half a second but you can read through every ball in the program. It also has a ingame scorecard showing what the batsman and bowler's score and figures are after each over or when the batsman is dismissed.

I have also implemented confidence into my game which starts off low but gradually increases.

Now I am going to work on making all the batsmen and switching strike when one run is scored. This is kinda tricky for me, I'm not sure how to approach it. I'm thinking with booleans but I'm not completely sure.

Hitterman

International Coach
Still learning VB.NET but I feel I have enough information now to complete what I already made on the C++ side.
If you have learnt C++ then you can learn any language. I am still learning C++ but I find other languages easier than C++.

blake

School Cricketer
I have tried to add in a lot of factors to my Twenty20 simulator to try and get the scores as accurate as possible.

Here are 20 example scores. Do these look similar to a real Twenty20 match?

Match 1: 6/160
Match 2: 6/156
Match 3: 6/167
Match 4: 5/175
Match 5: 7/159
Match 6: 3/204 (!)
Match 7: 5/178
Match 8: 10/38 (!)
Match 9: 6/153
Match 10: 6/146
Match 11: 4/140
Match 12: 7/136
Match 13: 5/191
Match 14: 5/151
Match 15: 6/169
Match 16: 5/158
Match 17: 3/205 (!)
Match 18: 5/168
Match 19: 5/162
Match 20: 3/168

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The worst one there is the 38 all out. The 200 scores are fine as they occasionally occur. The amount of wickets falling are about right. It's mainly 5 or 6 with no less than 3 and that's spot on.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
in a 50 over match if the score can be 54 all out, why not in T20. These are great scores!!

Users who are viewing this thread