BLIC CD/Game problems.

What does it mean if it comes up with this Error message?

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I'm confused.

The easiest way to sort this out is to get a new graphics card. Mine only cost ?30 and it works at the maximum level in BLIC.

Defo Win XP and GeForce4 MX440. Might get a new graphics card, I suppose. Going on Crimbo list! But would still like to sort it out anyway because it's annoying me. Cheers, everyone!

hondeyho said:
The easiest way to sort this out is to get a new graphics card. Mine only cost ?30 and it works at the maximum level in BLIC.

What graphics card did you get?

Tom Halsey said:
What graphics card did you get?

mate i got the same graphics card you do and it worked for me yesterday.

I know the guys have gone over this but what you need to do is:
* Download that 20MB file from the link barmyarmy gave on the other thread.
* If you have something like DAP or NetTransport you are going to have to disable them or uninstall them temporaraily as the download wont work if you dont.
* Before you start to install it, go to control panel and add/remove programs and delete any NVIDIA driver thing you see.
* Turn off your virus scanner (if you have one)
* Install that file (the one barmyarmy linked us up with)
* It should work

* With changing the settings to windows 98 in the compatabilty tab, i think that could possibly help too. I changed mine to Windows 98 compatatbility, and teh game worked last night. So this morning i tried changing it back to normal compatatilbty , just to see if it would work, and it did.

heres the link
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.95.html

my grafix card is radeon 9250 pro family...its supported for BLIC 2005 ? and pls gimme da link 4 update my garfix card ..thnks in advance

You have Windows xp right?

I had a problem, and I had XP and an old radeon. Here

for an update of your Radeon card.

A_Symonds said:
mate i got the same graphics card you do and it worked for me yesterday.

I know the guys have gone over this but what you need to do is:
* Download that 20MB file from the link barmyarmy gave on the other thread.
* If you have something like DAP or NetTransport you are going to have to disable them or uninstall them temporaraily as the download wont work if you dont.
* Before you start to install it, go to control panel and add/remove programs and delete any NVIDIA driver thing you see.
* Turn off your virus scanner (if you have one)
* Install that file (the one barmyarmy linked us up with)
* It should work

* With changing the settings to windows 98 in the compatabilty tab, i think that could possibly help too. I changed mine to Windows 98 compatatbility, and teh game worked last night. So this morning i tried changing it back to normal compatatilbty , just to see if it would work, and it did.

heres the link
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.95.html

I'm a bit suspicious about deleting my current driver, as the error message implied that I had the wrong graphics card (which confused me as I have the right one) and I might not be able to get it back.

Tom Halsey said:
I'm a bit suspicious about deleting my current driver, as the error message implied that I had the wrong graphics card (which confused me as I have the right one) and I might not be able to get it back.

Check first that you have the original drivers on CD that came when you bought your computer. If not then make a system restore backup point before deleting them so they can always be easily restored if required.

yeah like BarmyArmy said make a backup or check for your CD. I actually went out on a limb (or was plain stupid) and deleted the driver without any back up. When i restarted the PC it came up with the 'new hardware' found thing and my drivers werent installed at all. Then when i finally installed this new file (the 20MB one) everything was fine.

i have just got the Cricket 2005 Cd .. After entering the Game key it gives the message that change ur cd room drive or some thing like that ... I want to know that what to do if i want to get rid of this problem ..
Regards.

This forum is for BLIC problems not Cricket 2005 problems, we can't help you with that here.

Users who are viewing this thread