BLIC Demo crashes

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I got the BLIC demo(with commentary) only now, on a magazine's DVD.

I start the game & I play.After 1 or 2 balls,it crashes & freezes.
I'll have to press ctrl+alt+del & close it mannualy.
What's the peoblem?

I have latest GeForece drivers & DirectX.
Other games including Cricket 2005 work fine.

Is my setup file or installation corrupt?

My a newbiw for BLIC eventhough I might be a senoir member here.
So concider this as my 1st or 2nd post & try to help. :) :p :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't know about the issue you mention but apparantly Codies technical support are pretty good at responding to e-mails so contact them and tell us how you get on.

Prakash

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have you tried setting the program compatibilty mode to windows98 ?

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
What GFX card do you have? If its an onlder one like GeForce2, then try changing the compatibility mode to Win98 and use some old GeForce drivers 5672 coz they work the best with older cards. New drivers are basically for the latest cards.

Srinath Krishna

School Cricketer
Demo Response

Hey Bharath,

I too have the same problem and it must be due to a Geforce MX card. I ve contacted Codies for their support. Lets wait and keep our fingers crossed.

Any news about the game's release in Chennai as Iam not able to find it anywhere in the leading shops....

:upray

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Prakash said:
It worked.Thanks!!u rightly deserve the most helpful member title.

After playing BLIC demo for sometime:

*Used to playing EA's controls for years...BLIC's controls seems impossible.But I did hit 2 sixes when I was randomly pressing some keys on the num pad.
*The game speed is too fast(may be due to Win 98 mode)
*There are no cut scenes
*Players look cartoony.James Anderson looks worse than a monkey.Giles,Gough have a flattened head.
*Apealing for LBWs are so unrealistic & don't give the feel of watching cricket on TV,rather gives the feeling that ur standing next to the bowler.

This is my short & late review on BLIC

So Cricket 2005 engine+Cricket 2005 controls(includes advance shot)+BLIC options+autoplay= Best cricket game

BLIC dosen't look that good to me :(

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
bharat said:
It worked.Thanks!!u rightly deserve the most helpful member title.

Thanks.

First play the game for some more time and get acquinted with the controls .Then only u should give the review.Also increasing the resolution might make the game not to look cartoony.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It was with Digit : http://www.thinkdigit.com/
September issue.They have also reviewed BLIC & they say that it's better than it's competitor.

animation.gif

Is the game worth buying.I think I need to play the demo for some more time to tell u that.

Last edited:

Niko

School Cricketer
My demo crashes before it even loads up....

I double click the exe for the demo and it starts to load, then has a black screen and dies.......

What's wrong?

ShaneBond

School Cricketer
My demo of BLIC 2005 always crashed after the first ball, and changing the compatability to windows 98 didn't work, however when i changed my desktop settings to 800x600 resolution and changed the LIC 2005 demo configuration to this as well it worked! Plus i have the demo expander so managed to get a 40 over game in this evening! Thrashed the Windies with England - England 275 all out after 27.7 overs (Collingwood 106 of 46 balls), then the Windies only managed 110-1 in their 40 overs (i dropped 4 catches :mad: ). Top quality game, cannt wait to get the real thing!

abdulghani

School Cricketer
Prakash said:

Please help me. I have the same. The demo returns to windows after 2 or 3 balls. How do we change the compatibility to win 98.
I am listing the configurations of my windows.
P4 1.8 GhZ
256 Mb Ram
GeForce MX 4000 128 MB
Windows XP

Also frm where dow e download teh latest version of Direct X???

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
bharat said:
It was with Digit : http://www.thinkdigit.com/
September issue.They have also reviewed BLIC & they say that it's better than it's competitor.

animation.gif

Is the game worth buying.I think I need to play the demo for some more time to tell u that.
Can you post Digit & chip reviews of BLIC 2005 on planetcricket

abdulghani

School Cricketer
Can anyone Help me:
whn ever i play the demo after 1 or 2 balls i get an error of sending error report and the game returns to windows. I even changed the compatibility to win 9 but it did not work. my congiurations arewritten at the post which was posted before. Thanks

Can anyone Help me:
whn ever i play the demo after 1 or 2 balls i get an error of sending error report and the game returns to windows. I even changed the compatibility to win 98 but it did not work. my congiurations arewritten at the post which was posted before. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread