Votes: 34 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Yeah, but i still think Cricket 07 is a good game.
Try playing it with Tutsi's AI patch and the stroke variation patch, and see the difference ;)
Just see, you've got net access. You have resources. Now you cant patch BLIC's AI but you can for Cricket 07. If you do patch, then see the difference. The out of the box play matters for either the console users or the people who dont have net resources to download things.

Also i think wait for the v2 of stroke variation patch, its promising to say the least ;)
yeah thanks for your help but i'm not allowed to play games on the computer. :crying

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
dhoni dhamaka said:
codies seem to have more commitment into the game and much more thought because EA are just making cricket gmes just to widen their games wheras codies seem to acually be making it for the customers

Well maybe Codies don't have the skill to make a great game (examples BLIC05 or the Club football series, which are appalling games)? But show a lot of commitent to the fans. EA are capable of making amazing games (The NBA one and americans sports) but don't really care.

Which leaves us in a bit of bother.

dullahman

School Cricketer
Drewska said:
Well maybe Codies don't have the skill to make a great game (examples BLIC05 or the Club football series, which are appalling games)? But show a lot of commitent to the fans. EA are capable of making amazing games (The NBA one and americans sports) but don't really care.

Which leaves us in a bit of bother.

Only reason for that is because they dont sell as much as the american games, thus investing too much time and money is a waste..for them neway. Although some of the things that ck07 has; like more cups, diving fieldsman, much much better commentry and dare i say being more funner; all of which lack in blic07

formula1man

International Cricketer
i think codies have the skill but they don't know it. they show many signs of greatness in their games and could do a better job if we tell them what we want

PS how do iget my signature to show up in the forums

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good for you:D

playkid12
I dont know man. I like BLIC more. It's just more fun. Cric 07 is a lil too slow paced for my taste. I mean, both games are buggy and need improvement. In both games, you can post crazy totals and get the computer out in no time. Especially cric 07...they play the same shots if you put the ball in a certain area..and all you need to do is put a fielder in the trajectory of the ball and the batsman will get out caught. Basically, if you've played Cricket 05, cricket 07 isnt much of an improvement. It contains almost all of the bugs of its predecessor. The positive is that you can choose not to see where the bowler pitches the ball, making the game pretty difficult. On the other hand, BLIC 07 doesn't have the trajectory bug, but the computer doesn't pace itself at all. Also, catching is SO hard in blic07, but it kinda balances the fact that the game is so easy. Seriously, I recommend blic07 for the computer or xbox 360...or anything with online play bc the single player in both games is garbage. The AI in any cricket game is just too stupid. But if you really love cricket...get one of em. But be prepared to make some crazy totals and unrealistic victories regardless of the game you choose...

Overall, I lean toward BLIC07. Cric07 just isn't as fun. People say that BLIC07 is more "arcade-like" and cric07 is more realistic, but thats bull. Both of the games are unrealistic. Both of the AIs suck. Both are too easy. If the positive in cricket 07 is that you can choose front and back foot, the positive in BLIC is you can pinpoint where exactly you want to hit the ball. Seriously, either way you're not gonna be too happy with the game you get. But its better than having no cricket game at all. Getting BLIC07 for the computer's another story though - but only because of multiplayer.

Both of these games were released a bit early for profit. Cric07 was right in time for the ashes, and BLIC07 for the world cup. So they feel a bit incomplete.

Thats a great comparison! Well said, better then any other on this site!

formula1man

International Cricketer
been having loads of fun playing BLIC07. rented ck 05 out from the video shop and i'm not having much fun at all would that mean i wouldn't find ck 07 fun or is 07 more enjoyable as i don't have access to 07 to find out myself.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Ok guys. See my general feeling. From what i feel that its all technological limitations atm thats stopping companies from making good games.

No, I don't think technology is to be blamed for lack of decent cricket game. Surely, if we can put a man on the moon, we are capable enough to develop a decent playable cricket game - I mean take a look at Madden and FIFA series.

The sole reason we - the cricket fans - are suffering is coz it doesn't make business sense for Codemasters, EA or any other game developer to invest too many resources for developing the game as demand for cricket is limited. Thus, the real reason is economics (supply and demand to be precise) rather than technology.

However, I am confident that things will change for the better soon enough. With burgeoning middle and upper middle class in the sub-continent, especially India, there will be more people able to afford cricket games. Also, people from sub-continent are becoming a signficant entity in most of the developed countries (13% of Canadian population is of Indian origin, and Britain has 10-15% population originating from sub-continent) and ultimately game developers will no longer be willing to miss such a large market.

In fact I am sure that within the next 4-5 years we will have cricket ganes available in North America (NTSC version) as the demand for the game grows.

VIVS-Me-Man

School Cricketer
i've got BLIC 99, 2005 and 2007 and also Cricket 2005 but one option could be to wait for TAOC (The Art Of Cricket). a free game with hopefully better gameplay to come out. Check it out on the Other Cricket Games Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread