Bowled batsmen

denver82

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I looked around but couldn't find much on the subject. I've been playing on medium and hard difficulty levels and can never seem to get batsmen out bowled. I've gotten them out in other manners (i.e. Caught & LBW) but not one batsman has been bowled. If anyone has any advice or a similar problem let me know.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I can't get them caught behind or at slip. All mine are either bowled, lbw or, more usually, caught at mid on/mid off.

zull

School Cricketer
thats so weird i get usually 7/10 wickets from catches in the slips when they are low confidence and fresh but never get any bowled and very few lbws

Sadistic_Shyte

Club Cricketer
Just pitch the ball up man and on the stumps -- a yorker type length. All my wickets are bowled just about, apart from the miscued shots off the yorkers that go straight down a fielders throat.

denver82

School Cricketer
I admit that I have mostly been playing test cricket so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. However, it seems that when I bowl yorkers even if they are right on off stump the batsmen JUST nip them off their legs to third man. I've noticed they do that a lot as well.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I hardly ever get a bowled unless i change the pace. However one ball i bowled was a ripper. I was on a green pitch and pitched the ball up to swing and it did just that and beat the batsmen defences and shatted the stumps. But usually i get catches to long mid off i had 8 catches by one player in a match.

squiz

International Coach
The only reason why every 1 is getting catches at Long off, or at other places on the boundary, is because your playin in 10 or 20 over matches. If you play in 50 over matches you get heaps of edges. Also if you download Ravi's v5.0 patch you get a few Played-On (Batsman chopping the ball back on to his stumps).

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by squiz
The only reason why every 1 is getting catches at Long off, or at other places on the boundary, is because your playin in 10 or 20 over matches.

Not true, I get catches at long off at the end of the computers innings when they start to slogg the ball. Sometimes even at the start of the innings, I can remember a game I played against New Zealand and MacMillan was slogging the ball at the start of the innings, he was out in the first 5 overs.

futb0l

School Cricketer
all my outs are ... mostly slips on the first half of the game, then by the fielders inside the circle on the middle part of the game, then caught by outfielders on the last overs.

rarely get LBW, or Bowled, but I have bowled someone out before, by yorkers with fast bowler.

and u can bowl batsmen really easily (or lbw) with spin bowlers in grass pitches, u just pitch it short and no power at all and a bit of spin and if u can measure it right - u will bowl them out (or lbw)

squiz

International Coach
Originally posted by joedoe21
Not true, I get catches at long off at the end of the computers innings when they start to slogg the ball. Sometimes even at the start of the innings, I can remember a game I played against New Zealand and MacMillan was slogging the ball at the start of the innings, he was out in the first 5 overs.

Yeh thats true, I shoulda said you mainly get catches out in the outfield in the last third of a 50 over match.

denver82

School Cricketer
Okay, this is ironic seeing as I began this topic because I had never bowled a batsmen but I just managed to do it three times in one innings. Maybe HB managed to capture the frustration and luck of cricket quite well after all.

Users who are viewing this thread