BOWLING CONFIGS - Testers needed

babai

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
HI Zimrail,

Babai here again, can u send me your new test match settings where the pitch conditions change every day i think this will add more realism to tests. Great great work zim both in test & one day keep it up. You have done that which noone had done so far . Now after this I think BLC IS GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME NOGAME CAN COME TO CLOSER TO THIS NOT EVEN CRICKET 2002. WE HAVE REAL KITS FROM SISKU & YOU ENHANCED GAMEPLAY. GOOD WORK.
EAST OR WET BLC IS THE BEST.

My mail address is [email protected]. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & regards,
babai.

Zim you are great.
:)

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
babai
thanks for your kind words - not sure its totally deserved though !! All my efforts have been based upon info provided by the likes of Ben, Shailesh, Paul and probably many others, so without them it wouldn't have been possible.

Anyway babai, the patch is not yet finished and without full testing its hard to say how it will work over a full 5 day test, but once I am done I will send it to you for you to try out. Please give feedback as usual

regards

iaq

Club Cricketer
thats what i m saying zim!!!!! pitch behaviour does not change but pitch condition n light ...
anyway... can u plz send me ur 5 day configs

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
iaq I am sorry. I thought you was referring to pitch condition !!
Ok, I will send you the patch, hopefully sometime Saturday. Not certain how the files with show up in practice, but hopefully you will see little differences with batting and bowling on each of the days.

regards

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Zimrahil, as I think I can be classed as a die-hard I will test the new conditions, an excellent idea they are too. Just another thought, and this follows on from my post of a couple of days ago regarding the "cleverness" of the cpu. Do you all agre that the cpu is not a very good bowler, not test class!, when it comes to batting the cpu is clever, ie. judges more bounce,movement and the power of fielders throws. Yet when it comes to bowling the cpu is not too good, an example being that using Zimrahils test configs and pitch conditions I can dismiss the cpu for under 300, yet I often score 500+, on a green pitch I can dismiss cpu for 150-200, yet I can normally post 400+. The alterations we have made make batting more difficult once the ball has left the bat ie. more edges, and the quality of the ball off the pitch in terms of more bounce and movement. We have not yet been able to make the cpu a better bowler, in terms of line and length etc. I wonder if we can do this. When I play against the cpu, all bowlers have a very low bowling average and are "name" players eg. Pollock, Murali etc, yet I still seem to be able, with concentration, to post a good total, this is good because I win test matches, yet at times I wish the cpu would bowl better, eg. why does it never bowl a slower ball? I think that the alterations to pitch condition, over 5 , days, make make batting more difficult, but how can we make the cpu a better test bowler? Also, which camera angles to you use in gameplay, I have been experimenting with a few and very much enjoy, batting with side1 and bowling with bowler.
regards,paul

J

jonah

Yes, Paul, I agree about the CPU bowling. It seems to bowl an awful lot of leg side deliveries, which quite often I can punish to the mid-on boundary or play the leg-glance to. Also, what really bugs me, (I've mentioned this before), is that the CPU doesn't pick bowlers in the 'correct' order, even if you save the bowling line-up in the pre-set bowling order before you start a match. V. annoying to have Ganguly bowling at me,first change, before Harbhajan or Kumble (although, knowing England, he'll still get plenty of wickets! :( )

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Agree, the bowling order is one of the most annoying problems, even when you have the same change order for all 3 unlimited overs teams it still makes the wrong choice, I am playing a test SA v Aus, Sa bowled 54 overs, yet Kallis or Ntini have still to bowl, must both be injured!, also, I have noticed that if I get a good start, 50 off 6-7 overs, the spinner makes an appearance, then when he too gets attacked, he stays on. These bowling orders are annoying for sure, I wonder by what criteria the cpu makes the changes?
regards,paul

iaq

Club Cricketer
paul as u know australian are too strong in test matches in blc... so 1 reason is this for cpu's poor bowling...take a weak team then see u will get edges....
bowling order is wrong no doubt about that...
some times 1 cpu bowler bowls 10 or 11 overs in a row.... thats too bad....

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
paul,
are you using my tinternatbat.cfg when batting ? If you are then I am impressed. If you are not, then I suggest you give it a go.
Either way I am going to make human batting a bit tougher (I hope) in 5 day configs (especially first and fifth days)

As for the cpu bowling, I think Codemasters have deliberately made the bowling wayward to cater for the more "casual" player, who might get bored with constant line and length ?? I hate it when cpu bowls leg spinner to me when I am a left hand bat. It bowls so many wides. :angry:

Maybe it has something to do with the bowling style ? ie aggressive, moderate and defensive styles. Has anybody tried experimenting with this to see if one style produces better results than the others ??

regards

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
paul, iaq, jonah & babai,
the first version of my 5 day test configs are on there way to you.
Bear in mind there are 5 pitch types and 5 days worth of configs for each. That's 25 different settings. When you consider there are 4 different bowler types, by my calculations thats 100 different settings that needs testing here, so bear with me if everything is not as expected.

Let me as know as usual what you think

regards

babai

School Cricketer
Thanks Zim for the files. I will post feedback but it will take some time as I need to play a full test match. also what I feel after seeing your 1,2,3,4,5 days configs is that if we can implement the same in a single file of 4 sets like legspin,offspin,fast, swing and tinternet then it will be better. Anyway I will play the match and will give you feedback.

Hope you are working now how to make CPU bowlers aggressive both in one day & test.

Chaminda Vaas strom blew away the Zimbabe hey hey!
Thanks again for the files.
:D

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Zimrahil, thanks for the files, will let you have feedback. Regarding your question re: tinternatbat.cfg, when I bat I use your tinternatbat.cfg, of 17/11/01, unaltered by me, I use your atr. files, again unaltered by me, these atr. files are used in conjunction with my rot. files, could these, my rot. files, be the reason for my recent run of good form? My rot. files have it configured so there is no sweep shot, no hook and no late cut, these shots have been replaced by others, ie. sweep replaced by leg glance jumping back. Despite the look of the shot changing, your atr. values are still the same, in terms of edge prob, timing and keyframes etc. Maybe I am just on a hot streak! Regarding the bowler type, I have experimented with this, I do not think that the 3 settings have much bearing on the quality of the bowling, though the best performances by a cpu bowler have come from an "aggressive" setting.
Iaq, yes, Australia are strong, however, the teams I play against with Australia are all edited to match this strength, in terms of batting and bowling averages.
Also, having bowled South Africa out for 89 on a normal pitch, I may revise my opinion of the cpu as a clever batsmen!
regards,Paul

Users who are viewing this thread