Bowling tactics

gloryOf83

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tristan Thomson - 23 yo, BT Rating=67,835
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: woeful

Alan Bowler - 21 yo, BT Rating=62,583
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: sensational Consistency: quality
Fielding: abysmal

Alan Sidwell - 24 yo, BT Rating=29,698
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with woeful leadership skills and superb experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, abysmal bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality
Fielding: worthless

Ty Siems - 26 yo, BT Rating=20,676
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

I just cannot seem to find the right orders for my bowlers. Even against weak oppositions they struggle to take wickets.
I normally set them on attacking orders.

any help is greatly appreciated.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Their are lots of factors you have to take into account. I'm taking you will have a cracked or uneven pitch as that would most definitely suit your bowlers.

The order they bowl in and how they are used (sets of 5, normal, etc). I personally like sets of 5 but what you choose depends on how your guys perform which involves trial and error. Going with sets of 5 I would go
Bowler
Thompson
Siems
Your 5th bowler unless he is terrible, then maybe switch him with Sidwell
Sidwell
That ensures you have both destructive bowlers finishing.

The aggression comes down to trial and error but you could try defensive if your two destructive guys are conceding runs and not taking wickets.

Basically keep trying things until you find something that is working.

Eggman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Their are lots of factors you have to take into account. I'm taking you will have a cracked or uneven pitch as that would most definitely suit your bowlers.

The order they bowl in and how they are used (sets of 5, normal, etc). I personally like sets of 5 but what you choose depends on how your guys perform which involves trial and error. Going with sets of 5 I would go
Bowler
Thompson
Siems
Your 5th bowler unless he is terrible, then maybe switch him with Sidwell
Sidwell
That ensures you have both destructive bowlers finishing.

The aggression comes down to trial and error but you could try defensive if your two destructive guys are conceding runs and not taking wickets.

Basically keep trying things until you find something that is working.
If 2 as strong batsmen are in those final overs and are also Attack/Destructive it could go wrong.

Personally i'd have Sidwell bowling the middle overs, with his poor form you don't want them getting off to a strong start nor finish. Thomson(2) and Bowler (1) finishing it off and opening, with the other two at 4/5.

Users who are viewing this thread