Brett Lee > your fav fast bowler

bermuda's worst bowler > Faisal Iqbal bowling a really bad over > Shahadat Hossain

He's quite good actually - he's done relatively consistently and has probably been Bangladesh's best pace bowler in the past year.

As for Brett Lee, he's a great bowler and all, but I think when it comes to strategising and having the skill set of a one day game, Nathan Bracken is the better option.

my favourite in terms of attitude has to be Andre Nel...hes so funny,but i hate him when he plays against england.

but for my favourite i go home to england and pick Freddie Flintoff,has good discipline and almost all the time delivers when requested.

bermuda's worst bowler > Faisal Iqbal bowling a really bad over > Shahadat Hossain

well atm he could make the Pakistan side.
maybe you just haven't seen enough of him but he is a good young bowler. He has really good pace and his performance against south africa in the 1st test (i think) was brilliant.

well atm he could make the Pakistan side.
maybe you just haven't seen enough of him but he is a good young bowler. He has really good pace and his performance against south africa in the 1st test (i think) was brilliant.
Not sure how he's gonna make the Pakistan team when there is :

- Umar Gul
- Shoaib Akhtar (temporarily :p)
- Sohail Khan
- Abdur Rauf
- Mohammad Amir
- Rao Iftikhar
- Mohammad Asif (well whatever does end up happening to him)
- Sohail Tanvir
- Yasir Arafat
- Wahab Riaz

As you can see, we have a top line of class internationals already lined up. No point bringing in Shahadat who just sprays the ball around.

I will say though, if Shahadat gets the ball in the right place 5 out of 6 times in an over, he is a force to be reckoned with. But right now, he is more of a liability than a help to the team.

Ok I feel stupid for asking this but what does strike rate determine for a bowler?

Ok I feel stupid for asking this but what does strike rate determine for a bowler?
Strike rate for a bowler is the average number of balls a bowler must bowl to get a wicket.

So if you bowl 10 overs (= 60 balls) and get 4 wickets, your strike rate for that innings is 60/4 = 15 balls per wicket.

Strike rate for a bowler is the average number of balls a bowler must bowl to get a wicket.

So if you bowl 10 overs (= 60 balls) and get 4 wickets, your strike rate for that innings is 60/4 = 15 balls per wicket.

Gotcha, thanks :D

Lee is definitely the best fast bowler in the world IMO, Bracken is a very good ODI bowler but Lee all-round is fantastic.

tbh is the wrong acronym there, you mean to say IMO. To be honest suggests that you're breaking an unfortunate fact to us, whereas you're expressing an opinion which I doubt you'd find many people outside England to back you up on.

Or, you know, I was joking.......

Lee is quite far ahead of anyone else in terms of test match cricket, only Steyn is breathing down his neck.

Or, you know, I was joking.......

Lee is quite far ahead of anyone else in terms of test match cricket, only Steyn is breathing down his neck.
Well the hype about Anderson from you Poms is so great that I thought you were serious.

He is much more consistent and better than Mashrafe is Tests...

Mashrafe has been playing Tests for so long but he is averaging 40+ where Shahadat averages 36 which is very good imo and he is looking to be in good form in Tests...

Though in ODIs he really sucks, goes for 7 runs in an over in every match, even in bowler friendly pitches. I don't think he will ever be able to improve on that thats why we gotta get Rasel back in ODIs...

Zaheer Khan is my favourite.Ishant is a good prospect as well.
Lee,Steyn and Flintoff are the best among the current lot,though.

Users who are viewing this thread