Bring the Cup back to the subcontinent

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
aditya123 said:
That is partly because of the fact that cricket is`nt as big a sport in Australia as in India and Pakistan.
It is comparable to the way football is followed in Europe .
Another reason for that is lack of sporting culture in these countries.
We hardly have any sport event to look upto other than cricket because our teams are crap at most other `big` sports.

What the hell? Do you know how big cricket is in Australia? And just because cricket is the only sport India and Pakistan are any good at does not mean there fans can go and stone players houses.

kodos

International Coach
John Adams said:
Don't worry mate. This world cup has made people post silly posts sadly...

That combined with the influx of 12 year olds that post anything for the sake of it.

Kal-El

Club Cricketer
aditya123 said:
That is partly because of the fact that cricket is`nt as big a sport in Australia as in India and Pakistan.
We hardly have any sport event to look upto other than cricket because our teams are crap at most other `big` sports.
I'll send an order of rocks over to Fiji and tell the Rugby fans to let rip.

anandbatra

Club Cricketer
Err.. The World's no 1 chess player is Indian.

India has shooters and weightlifters right up there with the best. Look at who was the best athlete at the recent Commonwealth games.

Hockey was Asia's forte until Europe decided to mess with it, and make it an ugly,boring and slow game. Astroturf, no off side, rolling substitutions have destroyed the Asian game and Asian giants like India, South Korea and Pakistan.

Even today, I can challenge that if you play with 60s rules, Germany will find it tough against the Air India team in the Bombay Hockey League, leave alone the India seniors team.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
aditya123 said:
Ponting_14 said:
What the hell? Do you know how big cricket is in Australia? And just because cricket is the only sport India and Pakistan are any good at does not mean there fans can go and stone players houses.
I never said that such behaviour was warranted.And I never questioned the popularity of cricket in Australia.
Its just that you have other sports to look forward to and we don`t.

Anyways, you will not realize how popular the game is in the subcontinent.
And if you believe that the fans who burn effigies symbolize all fans in the region, you are wrong.
Do the hooligans represent all English football fans ?

The effigy burners, believe me, know very little about the game and they are created by the 25-30 ,24hr news channls which exist in India.
All these news channels do is make hheroes out of cricketers one day and then crush their image the very next day when they lose.
Part of the reason for the effigy burning and stone pelting is the incentive that they`ll get media coverage and nothing cricket-related.
India have lost games before but it is in the past 2 world cups that these people (who burn efigies) have come into spotlight, reason for which being the media in India.

The Indian media needs to learn to be more responsible and not give these people undue importance .
The true Indian fan does not even have the mood to speak to his friends after a world cup loss, leave alone burn effigies and pelt player`s houses with stones.

bothered

School Cricketer
100% Back my country!?

Yeah luckily for us commerce and governments don't take advantage of blind patriotic thicko's, and use it for their own gain!

As for dieing for your country, that is commendable except most western countries dont tend to die for 'their' own country but kinda for other peoples countries, then when someone dies they say it was for their country??? and people like you suckers believe it. Get a grip

The only people i know who are blindly patriotic are uneducated, xenophobic idiots who don't get out of there own town much.

Nothing against being patriotic at all but being stupidly over the top patriotic means nothing but contempt for other countries/people.

please make me laugh more!

Apologies to others for rant,

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
bothered said:
100% Back my country!?

Yeah luckily for us commerce and governments don't take advantage of blind patriotic thicko's, and use it for their own gain!

As for dieing for your country, that is commendable except most western countries dont tend to die for 'their' own country but kinda for other peoples countries, then when someone dies they say it was for their country??? and people like you suckers believe it. Get a grip

The only people i know who are blindly patriotic are uneducated, xenophobic idiots who don't get out of there own town much.

Nothing against being patriotic at all but being stupidly over the top patriotic means nothing but contempt for other countries/people.

please make me laugh more!

Apologies to others for rant,

You have over-used complicated terminology so I am bemused as to what your point is?

Basically, what are you talking about!? ;)

bothered

School Cricketer
Will_NA said:
You have over-used complicated terminology so I am bemused as to what your point is?

Basically, what are you talking about!? ;)
lol

OK rant over

In short _ there are some right 'tools' around. (not the majority i know)

Users who are viewing this thread