Brothers need help in building a new PC

johnhud

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone. I wanna buy a new PC and my budget around Rs. 25000 (indian) . I need that for Gaming basically.So, till now I have made my draft (given below)

Monitor / LCD - AOC F22
Rs. 7900​
Graphics Card - nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB
Rs. 3600​
Hard Drive - Western Digital 500GB
Rs. 2450​
Mouse/Keyboard - Logitech
Rs. 800​
Chasis - Intex/I-Ball(550W/600W)
Rs. 1700​
DVD-RW - LG
Rs. 1200​
Motherboard/Processor Kit - Gigabyte/AMD Sempron(AMD140)
Rs. 4000​
RAM - Kingston (2GB)
Rs. 1855​
UPS - APC
Rs. 2150​

I have already collected these rates.
Any Suggestion about any part are welcomed. Plzz try to give rates if possible

Last edited:

johnhud

School Cricketer
Processor is AMD 140 (AMD Sempron) 2.7 Ghz,1MB L2 Cache,AM3 Socket

RAM is 2GB, 800mhz

I basically need advice on buying cheap and best

P

pcfan123

don't know anything about the processor but you need much more RAM for am odern computer. 4gb ftw

D

Dutch

Brothers need help building PC:

nice to see monks embracing technology!:)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
RAM prices are skyrocketing in India, I don't know why, but it is insane! :eek: Prices have nearly multiplied by 2.5 times in the last 3 months!

:eek: All RAM, or in particular DDR2/DDR3? Damn. Was planning to built all those computers now. What are the current prices?

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
hey brothers you should take at least 4 gb ram and dont take amd even if it is cheap it is a crap processr you should take intel processers
what about the speakers what speakers are you taking?

johnhud

School Cricketer
I already have the speakers (big custom made 16" Woofer) So i'll be using them.
I am presently using Intel Core 2 Duo,E7200(2.53Ghz, 3MB L2 Cache) with ASUS P5N-MX. So, AMD Sempron 140 is much faster than my core 2 duo. The intel processor cost me around 5700.

So, that's why, i was thinking to buy AMD.

Which graphic card should i prefer nVIDIA 9500 or 9600 ? Both 1 GB.

Is there much ram needed for graphics. I guess as the graphics card has got it's GPU and RAM. So, that's why i prefer 2GB RAM

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Who told you that AMD Sempron is much faster than your Intel Core 2 Duo? That, sorry but it is a ridiculous statement. The C2D is miles faster than the sempron. Don't make this mistake.

A 9600GT will always be better. I suggest you take the 512MB version though, because 1 GB hardly comes into play on a mid range chipset, and that many manufacturers are selling 1GB cards at same prices as the 512Meg versions, but with much slower clock speeds.

I'd really recommend at least 4GB RAM today. I bought my computer two years ago, used 2 Gigs of RAM. I can get through majorly all games but some games just take too much loading time and give stutters due to running out of RAM (Crysis, for example).

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
:)
Who told you that AMD Sempron is much faster than your Intel Core 2 Duo? That, sorry but it is a ridiculous statement. The C2D is miles faster than the sempron. Don't make this mistake.
True
A 9600GT will always be better. I suggest you take the 512MB version though, because 1 GB hardly comes into play on a mid range chipset, and that many manufacturers are selling 1GB cards at same prices as the 512Meg versions, but with much slower clock speeds.
would recommend 9600GT too. 512 mb would hardly matter. The card doesn't have enough power to process that much RAM. and Sempron can hardly fill the card with data.
GFX RAM are mostly linked with the screen resolutions. Greater the reso, greater Ram requirement.
I'd really recommend at least 4GB RAM today. I bought my computer two years ago, used 2 Gigs of RAM. I can get through majorly all games but some games just take too much loading time and give stutters due to running out of RAM (Crysis, for example).

2 Gb is good enough. Can go for 3Gb if you really want. 4 gb is overkill on 32 bit systems. You need a 64 bit systems to utilize 4 Gb of RAM.
Don't know why your game stutters, but 2gb of ram is quite enough for crysis.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread