C2004 Run Out and Sams EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Indies 32

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am using Sams.exe and find its great. However downloaded C2004 Run out.exe and installed it. Now no more silly run outs but I don't think Sams.exe is working. I have noticed that both of them are executable files so that when you place one in the folder it replaces the other so that only one .exe patch works.
How do I get both to work together?

u can't. i use runout for batting and the other for bowling (mostly). U should do searches for this. It's very easy to do. You will also realise that there is a hell of lot about this around the site. I'm sure the dudes who keep this site running get sick of ppl who don't look around properly...........do a search for sam's exe and see what he's up to.........

Sam is currently working on a Patch which duals the two together. Bobmotty, there was no real need to have a go at him like that. He will learn eventually. Just post an answer, and then let an administrator close the thread.

I'm sure it gets annoying for people seeing these questions asked so regularly, but for someone who doesn't know this place, the answers are hard to find.

The FAQ is no use because there are so many bugs that it's so long you can read three pages and not find what you're looking for.

Does it hurt that much to let one person post the reply, and then let the thread drop off the bottom of the list?

WI32,
You can't use both .exe's at once. Use the runout.exe and use Prakash's line-up editor to export the correct line-ups to the savegame file.

You're getting the FAQ and the bug thread mixed up. The FAQ is only one post long. Of course we don't expect every new user to wade through 20 pages of bugs but we do expect them to read the FAQ which answers all the most common questions that we get a bit sick of answering. Why should members give their time answering the same questions when the person who posted it hasn't had the courtesy to read the FAQ which says in big letters 'new users read before asking a question'.
The thread has everything a new user could possibly want; common problems, links to major downloads etc and a lot of time has gone into making it and updating it. Therefore posts will continue to be closed when people ask questions that are in the FAQ.
That said this question isn't in there but I'm going to add it...

thanks barmy army for explaining that - apologies to wi 32 - i was not meaning to have a go directly. i hope you get a lot out of this site to enhance your game time/play- i know i did an still do - have fun w132............ooops!

barmyarmy said:
You're getting the FAQ and the bug thread mixed up.

So I am... that's why I could never find anything and had to ask.

Perhaps the FAQ should be [even] more clearly labelled? ;)

maybe put a link on the homepage for beginners faq??????????just a thought......

oh ay!!!! you have too - maybe 4 beginners in brackets after faq...faq(4 beginners)........is this getting too pedantic???????

lol - i'm just feeling a wee bit guilty over wi 32 - i think i'll drop it eh? after all, i found it all right and i'm far from the most intelligent person on the the planet.......

Apology accepted bobmotty, no hard feelings

Thanks for the help guys. I really read the FAQ before I posted but didnt see any thing about my problem. Then again I have a 56k modem and the worst ISP provider in the world so looking through lots of pages is a bit hard seeing that an entire test series between England and the West Indies can finish before the page ever loads.

But I am looking foward to Sams new patch and will keep checking the site regularly.

Thanks again.

"Cricket unites the world."

It wasn't in the FAQ when you posted the question. I only just added it. However I think it's time to draw a line under this and move on. If you want to keep talking about it with bobmotty feel free but use the PM system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread