Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Logo_V1.png

Chapter 39
Aus FC Shield : Innings 2 : Western Warriors Vs SA Redbacks, Match 3
September 10, 2009
Time - 09: 00 AM

With carrying over the high confidence from first Innings that fetched me 80 runs from 60 odd balls, I fixed my mind in not to get deviated with unnecessary thoughts and pressure/critics of me in not being able to play with patience. 0 or 100, I just wanted to continue my natural game. With very much hope of delivering another successful innings, I took guard and played my first delivery with complete confidence that gave me a good feel of natural rhythm in me.

'Make sure you SPEND TIME @ BATTING CREASE' - Haunted ME!

Match_1.jpg

...GOSHHHHH!!! WTH??...
Very second ball was a nice short pitched delivery that I was in no mood to control myself from breaking free, YES I smashed that in leg side for a sweet looking boundary. This moment further made me to feel very good that my mind started to occupy with thoughts of another milestone in hurry.

However, those nice moments did not last long after the second delivery. Third & Fourth deliveries were furious bouncers that deceived me completely lowering my confidence. Those tiny moments of nervousness halted my natural way of attacking the bowler and I started defending every delivery after that for no valid reasons.

It was my TENTH ball where the THUNDER OF MISFORTUNE gave me a big blow. Yes, It was an ordinary defense without any power applied to it, but ball was moving way too much that it remained in air for a while & the fielder in front of me suddenly turned out to be a SUPERMAN flying and catching the ball. I couldn't believe it, kept repeating the words - 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME?' until i reached the pavilion. :mad

After reaching the pavilion, I got demotivated too much that I didn't want to really care on what was going on around me inside the dressing room. There cannot be any embarrassing/unlucky moment for a pure batsman to get out before the end of day's play. I wanted to play for much longer but I couldn't live up to my expectations. I kept my frustrations/anger within myself and just left the match ground on that very moment informing my coach that I am COMPLETELY SICK and will not be able to participate for the next day's play.

I know that it was not a sportive attitude, but there is nothing much that I could do when my emotions start controlling me! Leaving the ground in middle of a match, not only lowered my sportive spirit but also made me to face the first suspension/penalty issued by my SA Redbacks panel with charges of 20% match fee + 1 OD match suspension. :facepalm This bothered me a lot and I realized that I would need more control on my emotions which I never was able to succeed in this prospect since my school days.

" Milestones or Upsets, You would need to learn to share & live with it as a team! No player is bigger than the team & you would need to get along as a team than exiting out for individual upsets. ", My coach dropped me a personal mail to me.

Highlights Reel : Short Lived Innings of Suren Ram, FC Match 3

With One OD match suspension, Can Suren Ram mature himself to a better player in next game? Stay Tuned to find out MORE.

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Okay my prediction was right. Still amazing post. :clap
Hope you bounce back when you play your next match.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I hope you will bounce back & great to see this story back.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh so sad to hear about your one match suspension and the bad innings you played, there are always some moments in a player's career which tries to destroy his free spirit but I hope you'll bounce and and don't give up so easily and remember, if you let your emotions play you then you won't be able to conquer anything. Great to see this story on the right track as well and keep up the hard work. :thumbs

:p

Users who are viewing this thread