Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
titlecover2.jpg

First Published for Planet Cricket Members

" All the characters and incidents in this diary are completely imaginary. If it coincides with any person's real life or incidents, then relate it with this diary and enjoy it further. :D This diary is only for the members to read and enjoy. Other than that there are no specific intentions behind this work."

Thank you,
Suren .R
(Author of this Diary)
Drop me all the positive/negative feedbacks
of this diary by posting here in this thread.
@copyrights reserved.​

prefacetemplatestart.jpg

This diary is completely dedicated to the Planet Cricket members. You can ask me, what this diary is about? This diary is a career story of young cricketer, Suren Ram. It will portray all the difficulties and other scenarios which Mr.Suren Ram have faced while trying to establish himself as a good cricketer.

You can again ask me, When a Indian team's diary has already been going/went well, why do you need a career diary now? I am going to be honest with you people that, it's been a long term desire for me to write a career diary after reading some of the legendary diaries that include http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ear-baggy-green-c2007-career-story-20004.html and Three Lions on the Shirt? in particular. Hence I am starting this new career diary for which I pray that it gets at least some success.:upray Also it depends on the members/readers as they always stand as a main reason behind a story writer's success.

For the members who has not known me, I have already dedicated one of my works, India's Journey To World Cup to this community. With the success I had in my previous work(Thankful to all the members without which I could not have achieved :hpraise), I begin my new journey in this career diary. As they always say, "The success or failure depends on the audience which the show gets!", I hope that our story forum members/readers also support and encourage me in this work.

Now in this diary, you can ask me again, "who in the hell is Mr.Suren Ram" and "why this diary have been named,Born to fight? ".. Is Suren Ram equipped with guns and rocket launchers to fight against some one? :p Well the answer is, the readers will get familiar with the role of Suren Ram as the story progresses. For now, he is just like other humans ;)

Now I think that I have had an enough talking about this diary.. You may even curse, " Stop talking more and more and get into the story soon!" :rolleyes: So before you start those curses, I conclude my preface of this diary and I do hope that readers have got a clear picture what this diary is going to be about. And which is indeed a purpose of having prefaces in stories. :) I once again am thankful to the members for supporting and encouraging me in my previous work and I hope that I get the same support here as well.

Lets move on now..... Take-off of the story, READY! :onpc

prefacetemplateend.jpg
You are always welcomed to give a feedback of this either through posting or through PM. Thank you.​

INDEX :

Chapter 1 :- An Abnormal Day
Chapter 2 :- Indian Club Vs Jolly Rovers, A Local Club Match
Chapter 3 :- A Mixed Sunday
Chapter 4 :- A Day with TNCA(Tamil Nadu Cricket Association)
Chapter 5 :- Moving a Step ahead in my LIFE Ladder
Fixtures and Squad Announcement for Ranji Trophy, 2009
Chapter 6a :- A Tour for my First Ever State Level Match
Chapter 6b :- Eve before the Match day
Chapter 7a :- The Match day - Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra( Pitch, Weather Report & Toss )
Chapter 7b :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - Lunch Time Update, Day 1
Chapter 7c :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - End of First Innings, Day 1.
Chapter 7d :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - End of Day 1
Chapter 8 :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - End of Day 2
Chapter 9 :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - End of Day 3
Chapter 10 a :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - Final Day ( In Progress )
Chapter 10 b :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - Final Day ( End of Innings 3 )
Chapter 10 c :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - Final Day ( Off-The-Field Chats )
Chapter 11 :- Tamil Nadu vs Maharashtra - Climax Revealed.
Chapter 12 :- Preparation for Match 2, Ranji Trophy, TN vs Karnataka.
Chapter 13 :- My Life apart from my Professional Cricket!
Chapter 14 :- Team News and Surprises
Chapter 14 b :- TN vs Karnataka - Pre Match Events
Chapter 14 c :- End of Karnataka's First Innings - 237 All Out
Chapter 15 :- End of Day 1 - TN in PATHETIC Position
Chapter 15 a :- Karnataka Overpowers TN, End of Innings 2
Chapter 15 b :- Target 323 for TN, Animated Snicko & hot spot for Dravid's Dissmissal
Chapter 15 c :- End of Day 2, Animated Hawkeye for my LBW shout
Chapter 15 d :- Dinner Time, stats corner & self Analysis
Chapter 15 e :- Predicta Contest
Chapter 16 :- Winning Dreams Shattered!
Chapter 17 :- Time to Move ON - Can I pass the selection for IPL to play for Chennai?
Chapter 18 :- Any Penalty for breach of behavior? TN Vs UP - Ranji Trophy, Match 3

Current Statistics of Suren Ram

statswithpicture.jpg

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That was certainly an unusual first post :p Great to see you with a new story Suren. I'm sure this will be just as good, if not better, than your India story. Look forward to it :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
That was certainly an unusual first post :p Great to see you with a new story Suren. I'm sure this will be just as good, if not better, than your India story. Look forward to it :)

Thank You, Trev :)

And one sentimental thing to me is, my first comment which I got in India's story is yours,

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/411516-post2.html

And the same thing has happened here too. "Good signs of fortune for this story", is what my mind tells me. :cool:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Really? Well, maybe I could put myself forward as your No.1 fan. You could bring out some T-Shirts and hats :p

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Brilliant start Suren bhai. Looks as if I am gonna read a new book now. I am sure this diary will be as good as or even better than the Indian story. KIU :clap

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
chapter1.jpg

( An Abnormal day in my cricket life )

Yes, it was 2011 World Cup. Though I was one of the 16 players in the squad, the opportunity given for me to play in the team XI was very less. Oddly, I played just 3 matches in the whole world cup before finals. I found from the coach that they don't want to disturb the winning combination which reached the finals of the World Cup 2011.

Thanks to Rohit Sharma for getting three consecutive ducks before the finals. Since Rohit did not contribute much to the team during the world cup, Indian coach, Mr. Gary Kirsten was having my name in his thoughts. I was able to recognize that from the way he was teaching me the different strategies in different situations. Finally the team XI was decided a day before the final. I was holding my breath and was waiting for the final call. As Gary was telling the names in order of the line up, Sachin... (my heartbeat increased from normal by 2) :rolleyes: Viru... (my heartbeat increased from normal by 4) :mad Gauti... (my heartbeat increased from normal by 8) :mad: Yuvi... (my heartbeat increased from normal by 16) :( Dhoni... (my heartbeat increased from normal by 2) :eek: I thought that I am missed in this match too..:noway And Gary continued,

Suren..... Oh.. wait, I interrupted. " Did you utter my name, now? ", I asked Gary. A short brief " Yes! ", he said and continued with the other names. I was delighted to the core :happy :happy :happy

The match day came finally. I was getting nervous and tensed as I had to play a crucial match of the tournament ( probably a historic moment for India after 8 years ) without much practice before. My role model, Tendulkar and my skipper gave me some tips and we stepped into the field without any second thoughts. The opponent was quality South Africans.

Once again, India won the toss in Wcup final and asked the opponent to bat. I was cursing Dhoni inside my heart as he was doing the same thing which Ganguly did in 2003 Wcup. Zaheer Khan was the bowler this too and he started with the same wide and same stare at the batsman. I was literally disturbed with my thoughts that it is resembling the 2003 Wcup and we would tend to loose this one too. Surprisingly the thing which I feared started to happen.. South Africans started smashing the bowlers. The things which came up in next day's magazine summarizes the rest of the things happened as I got just speechless and wonder-struck about the things that happened after that. :eek:

Reference :- Indian Express, the daily magazine.

dreammatch.jpg

"....TTTTTTTrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg......",​

a sound came all of a sudden. I felt so annoyed and disturbed from that sound. The sound kept on coming.. It took some moments for me to realize that it was my ALARM! :eek:

My mind alerted me, " Wake up, idiot..its time! ". I slowly opened my eyes and switched off the alarm and got up on the bed with panic. I looked around here and there. My room was silent. I noticed that it was 5:30 in the morning.

I was trying to recollect some moments. That WCup final, team selection, speaking with Sachin, the headlines in magazine all came into my mind. I pinched my own hand to make sure that I am in real world. I peeped outside the window to see whether the daily paper has come. It was not there . My mind spoke some sense to me that the year 2011 itself have not yet come still. :p

"What the hell was that supposed to be?", I asked myself. My mind responded, "Dream!". :rolleyes: Soon within few moments I got ready for my morning walk. With my mind still wondering about the dream like, " Where was Dravid? Where was Ganguly? ", I left for morning walk.

With Much Disturbed Mind, I Came Out for Walk!

roaming.jpg

My mind was very much disturbed because of the dream. I started to feel how good it would be if the same thing happens in my future.

Break Point 1 :- May be, the readers would have already sensed the climax of this story? :spy

Well now, I like to introduce myself as Suren Ram. I am mad in playing cricket and have been professionally trained in cricket during my schooling itself. Sachin Tendulkar, one of the legends in cricket is my role model. Fortunately, my school/local club records support me higher as they have good figures.

My Personal Details
(If anyone interested) :p

personal.jpg

I have finished my schooling successfully though I found it tough to handle sports and studies at the same time. Due to my important year end exam during school days, I had to miss my state level selection which keeps hurting me often as if I have missed my career. :noway I entered a good enough university for further degree. But all my interest was set to play for my state and play for my country. In the meantime, I continue my coaching camps and local club level matches for Tamil Nadu.

Though I play well in local clubs, I am awaiting badly for my state level selection. And with this dream, my mind started to confuse me further.....

Date :- April 15, 2009
Time :- 6:30 AM

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting start Suren... I wonder if your going to score a quickfire ton to win the World Cup for India any time soon... ;)

Awesome gfx and writing. kiu!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
suren Bhai, I have a doubt.

You have written:-
Code:
I peeped outside the window to see whether the daily paper has come. It was not there .

But you have provided us the picture of the news paper..??

did you hack the next day's news??:p:p

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Brilliant Suren :clap :clap :hpraise :hpraise. Hopefully the same thing happens in two years time. Would be nice to see you playing for India. Good luck mate :clap

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Really? Well, maybe I could put myself forward as your No.1 fan. You could bring out some T-Shirts and hats :p

Sure Trev :D

Interesting start Suren... I wonder if your going to score a quickfire ton to win the World Cup for India any time soon... ;)

Awesome gfx and writing. kiu!

Thank you Matty :) But I am yet to get a call from state level itself. So me dreaming about playing for India that too an heroic role is a greedy dream to be honest :p hehe

suren Bhai, I have a doubt.

You have written:-
Code:
I peeped outside the window to see whether the daily paper has come. It was not there .

But you have provided us the picture of the news paper..??

did you hack the next day's news??:p:p

Binnu, it was a dream Binnu! I read that paper in dream. May be hacked the paper 2 years ahead? :spy

Brilliant Suren :clap :clap :hpraise :hpraise. Hopefully the same thing happens in two years time. Would be nice to see you playing for India. Good luck mate :clap

Thank you Shantanu.. :)

To be honest, I was bit scared to start the story with this kind of story line as you all know story line is the base of any story. But am very glad now that you people have liked it. Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments and views which makes me to feel that I am on right track. :happy Updates coming soon. :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
For a moment I actually thought you had fallen into the trap of making your character amazing from the get-go. I shouldn't have doubted you really. Brilliant start mate :)

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
For a moment I actually thought you had fallen into the trap of making your character amazing from the get-go.

I thought that too lol. Silly me :p Great work Suren. It's shaping up nicely. I hope you play for India. Suren - The next Sachin :)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I think just about everyone young cricketer has had those dreams :D

Good luck with the story. I know that this is going to be class.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Good start here Suren, nice twist already. Looking forward to seeing Suren become a menace in the world of cricket, and perhaps making that dream come true. ;)

Looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread