Captains

Yeh, Ponting is a good captain, Vaughan is better than him, but thats not hard to do.

And Ponting is a better batter (just...:D). So it evens itself out.

Sureshot said:
And Ponting is a better batter (just...:D). So it evens itself out.

I reckon the two are equally good batsman, Vaughan has just had lousy form for the last 2 years. Lets hope the ashes in Australia change that.

I think Vaughan is the best captain in the world, unorthadox and imaginative tactics and fields came good against Australia.

About the batting issue - on his day Vaughan is (IMO) a better batsman than Ponting - its Ponting is 'on his day' more often that Vaughan is.

FreddieFan said:
I think Vaughan is the best captain in the world, unorthadox and imaginative tactics and fields came good against Australia.

About the batting issue - on his day Vaughan is (IMO) a better batsman than Ponting - its Ponting is 'on his day' more often that Vaughan is.
No.. ponting is a much much much better batsman than vaughan, and vaughan is a better captain.

Re-read what he said, specifically his last bit.

Vaughan on his day is as good as anyone else in the world, just his day only happens maybe once a year whereas it happens about 6 times a year with Ponting if not more.

Yeh, i did read it, Ponting on his day is still better than Vaughan on his day:p

Ponting is much more consisten but if Vaughan could emulate his 2002-2003 Ashes form in Australia than he could be as dangerous as Ponting. But still Ponting is easily the better batsman.

kodos said:
Ponting is much more consisten but if Vaughan could emulate his 2002-2003 Ashes form in Australia than he could be as dangerous as Ponting. But still Ponting is easily the better batsman.

I definitely agree. Vaughan isn't quite what he used to be with the bat. :clap

Well, he said that Vaughan on his day is better than Ponting. That means Vaughan is on his day and Ponting isn't. But Ponting on his day easily overshadows Vaughan on his day. And I agree with that. No matter how many times you are on or not on your day, if you are one of the top 5 batsmen in your country and captain, you should have an ODI century to your name.

Easily overshadows? Rubbish.

Vaughan on his day (Old Trafford) made 166, how can you easily over do that in one day?

sohummisra said:
Well, he said that Vaughan on his day is better than Ponting. That means Vaughan is on his day and Ponting isn't. But Ponting on his day easily overshadows Vaughan on his day. And I agree with that. No matter how many times you are on or not on your day, if you are one of the top 5 batsmen in your country and captain, you should have an ODI century to your name.
Good point, how can he lead a side without getting a 100 in ODI.. :mad

Mike Brearly led the test team without a hundred.

I agree though Vaughan should be dropped from the ODI arena, why he doesn't perform is one of crickets great mysteries imo.

Well, I think on their day there are many, many batsmen who can overshadow Vaughan. Sehwag on his days made 195 against Australia, 215-odd against Pakistan. I think you're giving too much credit to Vaughan.

And i think you're not giving enough credit to a in form Vaughan.

Or don't you remember how he crippled the Aus attack in the last Ashes down under in which we were resoundly beaten?

Users who are viewing this thread