Career mode declaration bug.

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
Does not seem to be a bugs thread currently so thought i'd post this up.

It seems that my team will not declare when I am either batting or indeed just watching a game.

Has happened a few times now.

Latest one described here.

Playing for SA Redbacks vs Victoria Bushrangers.

We bat first and score 236/10 (61.5 overs)
they reply with 253/10 (81.3 overs)

we now into our 2nd innings are currently 624/5 off 130 overs so a lead of 607, now into day 4, I came in with the lead around 470 and blasted a few quick runs expecting the declaration at about 500 with a bit of the last session of day 3 to go.

So less than a day to play, a lead of over 600 but no declaration at any point.

Tried first getting my partner out, still no declaration.
Then got myself out but did not press any buttons just continued to watch the innings, still no declaration.

the second that I hit "simulate to career player" the captain declares.

So when i'm "live" in the game either batting or just watching it appears as if no declaration can happen.

Or am i missing something? The option for declaration is greyed out on my screen presumably as i'm not captain.

DeadpanJazman

School Cricketer
I recently got back into playing this after not touching it for a while, and I used to notice that bug, now it seems to not only declare when you're playing, but also in a very realistic way. I was batting and was approaching my 200, then as soon as I brought it up, the captain declared immediately, don't know if it was coincidence or not but that's really good if it's intentional!

Boboboboyyyyyy

School Cricketer
First time this has happens.
playing a test match and i am the captain/
send opposition in and rock and rolled them for 255.
went on a scoring rampage and was 269no and just gone to 3/507 and the game declares on me. No me declaring on myself.
still won the gAme.

help the batting average i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread