Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

If you're sick of Barca dominance, watch the Spanish league since they're second :rolleyes

Although it will barca who will progress through final.But would like to see chelsea progress but it looking impossible because you can have 1 lucky day not twice when opponents are barcelona.and still messi was class if u can see the match he has beaten 4 or 5 chelsea players wid ease and then chelsea player have no option to foul him..but cahill was suberb as well as cole..

I don't think the issue is now whether Barca will score at the Nou Camp, because if they create another 25 chances, then it's fairly likely they're going to find the net once in 50. The main thing now is whether Chelsea can get a goal at the Nou Camp. Their progress will depend on it.

I expect Chelsea to score; the Barca defence looks a bit ropey. I just expect Barca to score enough to negate the away goal.
3-1 is my prediction.

If you expect Chelsea to get a goal, then I would suggest for their progression they would need to score it first.

Bit late but you can see why AVB took his time to get the right players for his squad. Cahill was brilliant last night.

Absolutely delighted with the brilliant performance and victory last night. Rode our luck a bit at times but you need that against this Barcelona side. Still a long way to go and it's gonna be a mammoth task at the Camp Nou next week but with this 1-0 lead, it gives us a chance - even if it is a tiny one - to upset the odds and progress to the final.

The main thing now is whether Chelsea can get a goal at the Nou Camp. Their progress will depend on it.

Agree with that. Another key thing would be making sure they don't get an early goal.

----------

So do I, but the fact that no team has overturned first leg semifinal defeats to qualify for the final since 2006-07 (Milan and Liverpool getting the better of Man Utd and Chelsea respectively) makes me slightly nervous. But yeah, can't see Barca ending up NOT scoring again, especially at the Camp Nou. Only twice have they actually failed to score this season (Sevilla and Chelsea).

You're just so hell-bent on seeing us getting eliminated, aren't you? :facepalm

And Getafe also kept a clean sheet against Barcelona. They beat them 1-0.

----------

Bit late but you can see why AVB took his time to get the right players for his squad. Cahill was brilliant last night.

Yeah, he sure took his time...

Had he been decisive enough last summer, he would gone out and bought more of his players in that suit the style he wants to implement rather doing it on players who clearly don't suit the way he wants to play.

----------

Which Fabregas miss though? Both were equally bad- the attempted dink and the open goal after Iniesta's shot.

It was Sanchez who missed the chance after being setup by the dink from Fabregas. He of course also squandered the earlier chance after being played through by Iniesta.

It was Sanchez who missed the chance after being setup by the dink from Fabregas. He of course also squandered the earlier chance after being played through by Iniesta.

No, it wasn't.

Chance 1: Messi drops it back to Iniesta. Iniesta takes a shot. It rebounds off Cech into Cesc's path and he fluffs the chance with his left foot. It falls into Sanchez's path but he wasn't expecting it. Cesc's fault.

Chance 2: Messi played the ball through to Fabregas. He tried to dink it but Cole clears it. Once again, Cesc's fault.

No, it wasn't.

Chance 1: Messi drops it back to Iniesta. Iniesta takes a shot. It rebounds off Cech into Cesc's path and he fluffs the chance with his left foot. It falls into Sanchez's path but he wasn't expecting it. Cesc's fault.

Chance 2: Messi played the ball through to Fabregas. He tried to dink it but Cole clears it. Once again, Cesc's fault.

Oh right. :p Apologies.

It were bad misses altogether from him and Sanchez.

He had a clear idea of who he wanted, Ambramovich was hesitant to go for them all this season, which clearly cost Chelsea. (Andre Villas-Boas was the man with the plan but found no support - The National)

Depends on which story you want to believe. ;)

And even if that story is true, there are still other factors that cost AVB his job..

Hmm let's see, after that disrespect shown by some of your 'supporters' on Sunday, definitely yeah.

Ironic that when Liverpool fans were chanting about the Munich disaster not too long ago..

Last edited:
To be honest no-one is going to win in the "whose fans are bigger tools?" game. A lot of fans are morons but they don't really represent the club.

^^Exactly everyone support their own club.Whether they are right or wrong.But it will be good FA cup final with two teams who is having not a good season..

Users who are viewing this thread