Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Jermaine Pennant who played really well, Mark Gonzalez and craig bellamy who both scored.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah that Gonzalez goal was real good. He showed his class and a good start of the Champions league campaign for Liverpool.
Milan (I cant believe they are playing in the CL after what happened) have also won their 1st leg with the help of an Inzaghi goal.

sachin

International Coach
And of course we shouldn't forget Arsenal's good win against Dinamo Zagreb;Cesc scoring twice showing a real love for the jumper,Hleb was also excellent.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
cricket doctor said:
Nice win here. The second leg will be at neutral venue if I'm correct.
Yeh it is but i can't remember where.

great debut for Bellamy,Gonzalez and Pennant.

Very encouraging signs :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
cricket doctor said:
It's yet to be decided I reckon.

..and Rafa still wants to buy a striker before 31st. :cheers

I'm sure I heard someone on commentary say something about the venue but I can't remember what :)

Yes I think he will buy a more Morientes like striker who's good in the air and very strong.As we have Craig bellamy, a Michael Owen like striker who is very quick and a great finisher and we have Crouch who is a target man and a trouble to the defence :)

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
treva said:
Yes I think he will buy a more Morientes like striker who's good in the air and very strong.As we have Craig bellamy, a Michael Owen like striker who is very quick and a great finisher and we have Crouch who is a target man and a trouble to the defence :)
so far Dirk Kuyt looks closest to make it but yes with the presence of Bellamy, Crouch and Fowler there shouldn't be any problems anyways.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But with the formation like last night will Liverpool need an extra striker if at most 2 Strikers will play in each game?

I believe if Rafa is going to play with 2 up front then we do need another striker but if he is only going to play one I don't think we do.

If we play 2 upfront it'll be between Bellamy and Crouch starting or bellamy and Fowler!

sachin

International Coach
I thought the next game would be in Kiev?Anyway,i'd be very surprised if Liverpool didn't get through,but maybe if Maccabi score early....who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread