Champions League Chennai Super Kings

what is your feeling about the chennai super kings

• Total voters

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Not really.... We have played Malinga so much that we don't worry about him. In fact, the likes of Dhoni, Kohli play Malinga like he is bowling a football at them.

Would be interesting to see what Sunrisers Hyderabad do with Sangakkara as their captain. The owners (the Maran brothers) are family to DMK who is almost spearheading these protests.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Not really.... We have played Malinga so much that we don't worry about him. In fact, the likes of Dhoni, Kohli play Malinga like he is bowling a football at them.

Would be interesting to see what Sunrisers Hyderabad do with Sangakkara as their captain. The owners (the Maran brothers) are family to DMK who is almost spearheading these protests.

True, but he's still their best bowler...

I know, the Sunrisers situation is almost comical, Sangakkara (along with Steyn) basically makes that team a decent one.

Abishak11

International Coach
my best XI

murali vijay
mike hussey/faf du plessis
suresh raina
dwayne bravo
mahendra singh dhoni
subramaniam badrinath
albie morkel/chris morris
baba aparjith
ravichandran ashwin
ben hilfenhaus/dirk nannes
shadab jakati

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol! What's the point of bringing Kohli in the discussion! Lame.
And I guess you don't know that the last time MI and CSK played, Malinga ran through CSK's batsmen and also made a handful contribution with the bat.

The fact remains that Srinivasan is indeed exploiting his powers. In the past, when matches were moved out of Hyderabad and some other city due to elections, then why not now! :facepalm

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And I guess you don't know that the last time MI and CSK played, Malinga ran through CSK's batsmen and also made a handful contribution with the bat.

The fact remains that Srinivasan is indeed exploiting his powers. In the past, when matches were moved out of Hyderabad and some other city due to elections, then why not now! :facepalm

Yes, if there is some political tension around, the best way to compensate (in 2010) was shifting the matches to other venues. Why to exclude the players now?

Abishak11

International Coach
Yes, if there is some political tension around, the best way to compensate (in 2010) was shifting the matches to other venues. Why to exclude the players now?

yes,the main threat for this happened is that joker terrorist rajapakshe

Epic

Panel of Selectors

Lol! Bringing up the CL when we're talking about the IPL! Lame.
What I do know is this.

And as far as the whole not allowing SL players to take part in the matches in Chennai goes, I'm totally against it, just like I'm totally against not allowing Pakistan players to take part in the IPL. Politics and sports don't go together and shouldn't go together, if only the Indian public would get that through their thick skull. :facepalm

----------

So yes, I would've just moved the CSK matches to a new venue somewhere in the south of India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
My stance has changed drastically now about politics and sport not going together. When the sport happens to be followed with religious fashion by an overwhelming amount of general public, it ceases to be just a sport and it becomes a tool for politics.

Have you seen the videos of the "war killing fields" in Sri Lanka where they have indulged in genocide against Tamil people? It was disgusting to say the least.... To me, Sri Lankan players should not play any sport in India until Sri Lankan government is brought to justice.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I feeling like killing the CM of Chennai , & the idiot who linked cricket with sports .

They've gone toooooooooooo far with this . Pakistan players is an understandable policy TBH .
I guess you don't know what exactly happened in Sri Lanka. I think the CM's point is very valid. The sentiments of Tamil, and especially the families of the victims will be basically insulted, let alone the sentiments being hurt, if Sri Lankans come to Tamil Nadu and get the VIP treatment.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
One thing to think about here is, regarding the Hyderabad-Telengana issue for which matches were shifted out of Hyderabad, it happened two months before the tournament. And here, its a mere 5-7 days before the start of the tournament. How logical will it be to shift the matches so quickly out of Chennai and not incur losses? Which is easier to do - shifting matches out of Chennai, or not including SL players in any of the teams that play in Chennai? In the 2nd case, its a matter of team strategy (teams will have a big pool of foreign players to choose from, though teams like Delhi, Hyderabad will lose strategically because their Sri Lankan players are captains of their respective sides and high impact players). But its one game for each side (which has SL players) in a 14-game tournament. Is it that bad a compromise to make?

I don't mind the games being shifted out of Chennai, because I feel CSK can do well even if it does not play in Chennai. We have a stronger side this time, and with players in good form. But logically, the second compromise brings about lesser losses.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
One thing to think about here is, regarding the Hyderabad-Telengana issue for which matches were shifted out of Hyderabad, it happened two months before the tournament. And here, its a mere 5-7 days before the start of the tournament.
5-7 days left now. But the issue has been on since the last 20-25 days at least.

----------

Rather than hurting eight IPL teams, better one team gets hurt, but since it belongs to the BCCI boss rest all need to suffer! Absurd logic.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
5-7 days left now. But the issue has been on since the last 20-25 days at least.

----------

Rather than hurting eight IPL teams, better one team gets hurt, but since it belongs to the BCCI boss rest all need to suffer! Absurd logic.

But the issue of IPL and Sri Lankan players participation has happened only in the last few days with the Chief Minister (Jayalalitha) stepping on the accelerator. Till then, their participation was not in doubt. But once the government got in, it became a different issue.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Till then, their participation was not in doubt.
It was, but it was being considered 'not so important' by the IPL GC to avoid the issue. And we very well know the reason that why they were trying to avoid it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread