Config Editor anyone want to try

Prakash

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
This will edit config files and cpu pacing file of the game, anyone want to give it a try. Remember YOU CAN CHANGE ONLY THE NUMBERS.

Attachments

• cfg editor.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 56
This is excellent prakash. Just what we've been waiting for:) .
I see next to strokes it says 'Beta', and it appears to have only 1 stroke file. Is it possible to add the rest?

Last edited:
Very well done prakash_ultimate, its damn well handy. Theres still one problem, I am unable to save the changes. The error is

Run-time error '75'
Path/File access error

I know this can be due to not able to save it in the path specified by me but its still only minor. If you have been able to create this then this is not much of a problem for you to fix it. I can see all the files but unable to save it. Let me know if you want any more info.

Cheers.

Nice bit of work for those who can't hex edit. I see this can be used to edit any text in the .gob provided we have the decimal offset.

hey crick4life i think the run time error might be caused because some other program might opened the gob file make sure that you have closed that progam before trying to save it. Regarding strokes seems to be like there are about 90 files !!!, i dont know how to find which files corresponds to which shot

Originally posted by prakash_ultimate
Regarding strokes seems to be like there are about 90 files !!!, i dont know how to find which files corresponds to which shot

It is possible but a pain

You need the default 2002 stroke files

Then you look at the edgeprob(6), reward(6) and difficulty(6) values and search for these in the gob file.

You will find exact matches :rolleyes: Some shots have more than 1 stroke file in c2004 (presumably for the different animations for the same stroke)

E.g. the backfoot cover drive has only 1 stroke file in c2004. The straight drive has 3/4 stroke files in c2004

Thanks for that Prakash and an excellent job youve done. I absolutely agree with Zimrahill as to how we decide which stroke file corresponds to what shot. There are more than just one or two files for each stroke and the length variable are also more than what it was in Cricket 2002. It is not impossible but it can be very time consuming.

yea it will take quite a bit of time to find out those shot files

Not if we work as a team and try to find the corresponding stroke files.

what would be some general tips for this. say i want to make it easier to hit out in ODIs off the back foot and stuff.

how much should i decrease/increase? stuff like that

Pick the strokes with the length of 0 & 1 and reduce the difficulty to say around 5000 or less. That will ensure it will be easy to hit off the back foot.

Nice work ultimate parkash,I hope in future we will also be able to figure out strokes files as well.

Prakash, have you submitted this for download sections. This will be really helpful to lots of other users, you may want to submit it. If for some reason you cannot do it let us know we will do it for you.

I see its already in the Cricket 2004 new, thats fine then.

Last edited:
has anyone found the stroke file for back foot straight and on drive as those are the ones i want to change

Parkash,you have made the job lot easier for moders like ravi.

Users who are viewing this thread